I started gettin egg tasting burps today. They don't taste bad or rotten, it tastes like I just ate eggs. Recently, yesterday and today, I've been eating up to two sandwiches a day. Slathered with butter, mayonnaise and turky. Could the mayonnaise be responsible for the egg burps? I don't feel like I have to throw up and I'm regular in the bathroom.

Hello PandaB,

Mayonnaise is made with eggs and in fact when made at home you use raw eggs.  I'm not sure how the store bought mayonnaise is made.  It does have eggs in but I don't know if they cook it in some way.  I do know that it can go bad so it has to be refridgerated once open which suggests to me it hasn't been pasteurized.  It could be that your mayonnaise has gone bad.  It might be a good idea to throw it away and get a new jar.  You know at picnics people always bring potato salad and when left in the heat will go bad.  A number of people have gotten food poisoning from that.  I never use mayonnaise because I don't care for it so I use Miracle Whip instead.  it is a soy product and keeps very well. 

Well, it's been 12 hours later and the egg burps are gone. I still don't feel sick and bathroom movements are fine. Thinking maybe I ate to much mayonnaise or that it was getting bad. Thanks