Hi Im 25 and my husband and I have been trying to concive for about a year and a half. I had a laporscopy done on 10/22. I took a hpt 2 days ago 11/12 and it was positive. Went yesterday for blood test and it was negative. but my dr said it is very rare for a false positive and sent me for another round of blood work. but today i started spotting light pink no cramps. As the day went on I started having mild cramps and heavier bleeding darker pink with small brown clots. Im so confused anyone have any thoughts???? Please help

You MIGHT be miscarrying honey! BUT I wanted to cover all the other things first!

After you laproscopy id you bleed? and for how long?

Did you have a regular period after that?

When did you and your husband have unprotected sex after the procedure!?

Another thing I am thinking is that the urine test was a false positive! But if you could answer these quesitons I can help you further OK?

but i am still getting nauseous and some smells make me sick

Can I ask why you had the laproscopy? IF it is for ovarian cysts, believe it or not they can mimic TOTAL pregnancy symptoms! If you could tell me about the bleeding - if any, and when you had unprotected sex AFTER the procedure, I can try and put things together for you!

i had endometriosis. the bleeding started out like colored water then followed with light bleeding and blood clots. had sex about 4 days after the laperoscopy

HHHMMMM!!! OK this is a bit complicated due to your laproscopy! When you have that procedure, they can do several things - such as burning or cutting off tissue, lifting the ovaries and uterus looking for abnormalities etc. etc. etc. So it is very hard on the organs that are touched and moved - because they aren't EVER touched! So what happens is that you can start a period, because the ultrasound was irritated, most often you can have cramping and aches in the ovaries area and uterus area also your back and pelvis! Also what happens - depending on the time of your cycle - is that you could or not have a thicker lining in your uterus, so when they start having that area lifted etc, it starts a fake "cycle" so you will see clots, really weird bleeding, discharges of different thickness's and colors etc. It's because the uterus is NOT OK with being "mistreated"! That is why after a birth, or a miscarriage, etopic pregnancy etc, doctors tell you to wait several weeks for the uterus to either shrink back to it's normal size OR to stop being "upset - for the lack of a better word" Some doctors - when dealing with infertility, will say that it is OK to try shortly after a treatment! IF your doctor told you this, then he/she obviously has proof that this works! I however, think there needs to be time for things to normalize after having gone through a traumatic event! Such as surgery, illness etc. So personally I think it was too early for you to try, and what you are dealing with right now is your uterus getting back to "normal"! Does that make sense?

I don't know if you are pregnant or not honey, false positives are VERY upsetting and nerve wracking for women! I don't want to say something that will dash your hopes of being pregnant right now, OR uplift them, but what I will tell you is this! Before I became a "counsellor" on here, I would have stated that HPT's were dead on! Then I came on here and have talked to so many women that have taken tests that showed either negative or positive, then postive and negative etc. Then one lady went to her local hospital and they did a blood test that showed negative, she still had symptoms and I told her to go get another blood test, she went to her regular doctor and low and behold it came back positive!!!! Even though the science of becoming pregnant in theory is supposed to be simple! The outcomes and getting the right answer can be SO complicated! So with these other tests that your doctor is now doing, hopefully you can get to the bottom of this ASAP! Are they giving you anything for the endo? Sometimes certain fertility treatments - which contain different levels of hormones - can give you symptoms of pregnancy! Such as nausea, headaches etc.

So please don't be disheartened IF you are not pregnant RIGHT NOW!!! This is NOT to say that this will NOT happen in the near future, it is just saying, "Right now, I went through quite a bit of upheaval, but it will be OK soon"! So please let me know how the tests make out, and I will keep EVERYTHING crossed that you are indeed expecting right now, OR will be very quickly! Also if you take prenatal vitamins right now, they can help with fertility and IF you are pregnant it is a great help for the health of your baby! You are in my prayers, keep hopeful!! God Bless!

thank you for you help. will the surgery also effect emotions? i keep getting really mad over small things and then start cring or just cry for no reason.

Kind of!! I know that sounds lame, but depending on what they lifted, or if the took a sample of endo tissue etc. It could have caused "distress" to your ovaries - which have certain hormones in them, which sends a trigger to the brain, which releases it's own set of hormones! I remember after the laproscopies that I had done, I would be VERY emotional, I don't know if it was neccassarily from the ovaries and uterus being messed with, but perhaps more with me HAVING to go through this physical and emotional rollercoaster! I am sure you understand what I mean! And when you have something like Endometerosis, then it adds to the rollercoaster, because it is "hindering" you in achieving your goal of becoming pregnant! So you become angry and upset that A. It's happening to you and B. It s a painful and uncomfortable procedure! Also in your case you ahve a C. Which is having a positive test which brings you UP then a negative test bringing you DOWN!!! So the rollercoaster is even worse than before! Becaues at first when the test came back positive, I am sure you were like 'FANTASTIC! Everything I just endured was worth it!" Then when you got the negative you are like "Just WONDERFUL! I went through ALL of that for NOTHING!!!!" So the rollercoaster of trying to conceive continues! And like I said honey IF you are pregnant now, the ride has been worth it! IF you are not, the ride is STILL worth it, because you have helped yourself and your body a bit more to reach that goal! So this isn't ALL for NOTHING! It's hard, every woman thinks "well teenagers get pregnant like THAT!. so it shouldn't be too hard for me!" When it fact the odds of becoming pregnant are ASTRYNOMICAL!!!!! As I say "All the planets have to be lined up!" That's why so many couples are finding themselves in the "JOB" of making a baby! As I'm sure you are aware about that!! It SUCKS!!? YES! Is it overcomable? YES!!!! So just hang in there, and whatever you do don't buy into there is something you aren't doing or "what's the matter with me?!" etc. etc., because I will tell you that even family and friends can sometimes be VERY cruel - without really trying to be - and say things like "I wonder why you haven't...., I think it's all that working you're doing etc. etc.etc." I was told UNREAL things, as are many women! And you look at these people like this o.O Because you can't believe their calousness! It's NOT on purpose, it's just they are trying to "help" So don't be hard on yourself OK? And try and relax through this phase of the "rollercoaster!" And of course please let me know of any results, and I'm usually on here if you want to talk! Good luck honey!

Thank you very very much. I will let you know of any progress.

Hi everybody,
I'm sorry for jumping in this thread like this, but I was wondering what is you situation now? If you have some time, try to give us an update.

Regards

Well I went to my ob doc and and i was sech for an ultrasound but instead of doing one he told me the 2 nd blood test was negative (hcg levels 1.5) had me do a urine test in the office and it was positive. he told me that it was a false positive along with the ones i took at home. Said ou cant have false negatives. so I go to a new doc on dec. 16th.

Hi orucker,
This is highly strange.
What about your surgery? What is your status here?
Can't you see a new doctor sooner?

Regards

Actually honey that is a silly statement! OF COURSE you can have a false negative test!!!!! It happens ALL the time! IF you don't take it right, read the results wrong, take it too early etc etc etc! So that's incorrect! False positives are rarer, these occur from reading the test incorrectly, Evaporation lines being thought of as a positive, chemical pregnany - as you HAVE been pregnant, but unfortunately miscarried, also certain drugs with HCG in them can obviously cause the reaction - these are from fertility treatments, also the BIGGEST one, is leaving your test too long - the strip changes over time! All I can say honey is that you have to take a moment to yourself and "reconnect" sit and breathe and "listen" IF you feel pregnant, then I would suggest giving it another week, then asking for a blood test! I know this sounds silly to most, BUT I strongly believe in a womans intuition! I KNEW I was pregnant well before I was tested! And many women I know and have counselled on here have stated the same thing! Some women are SO intune to their bodies and feelings they can even tell you the night or day they became pregnant! I know that sounds unreal, but I KNEW with both of my children! So you need to be able to seperate the feelings of your roller coaster and REAL intuition! Take prenatal vitamins, and "LISTEN!" IF you are actually pregnant, then the prenatal will positively help with the health of your baby! IF you aren't they help with increasing your fertility chances! So hang in there honey OK? I know most women and men think that having a baby is a cinch, when in fact it takes a LOT of factors being JUST right! I always say "It takes ALL the planets being lined up!" So please let us know how you make out OK? And I wish a wonderful Christmas message for you and your family!!!! :-)

my surgury went fine the fallow up was good. the doctor i am going to is highly respected. i am taking prenatal vitamins everyday. and i know with every fiber of my being that i am pregnant. :-D

I am experiencing the same thing...extreme fatigue, frequent urination spotting, negative pregnancy test. Im very emotional and was recently given iron by my doctor who says I look anaemic!!! also loss of appetite..l...just feel pregnant...will wait a few more days when period is due...just confused about negative HPT? can anaemia make u pee alot and be emotional.....lol, and more impatient with kids than usual.