hello.
I had my last period on dec.11, 07 and it is now jan 25, 08 and still no sign of menstruation. I am 21, married, ttc, with very regular cycles of 32 days. I took a hpt when i was about 7 days late, waited the 3 minutes and was about to throw out the test when i saw a verrry faint line (i have taken lots of tests before and never seen anything). I was paranoid of evap lines, so i took another test(same brand-first response) 2 days later and got a definite negative. I was confused as i'd been having symptoms-extreme fatigue, hunger, nausea, frequent urination,very sore lower back-so i thought maybe id had a chemical pregnancy, but when no signs of af were showing 4 days later i went to a women's clinic and took another test, it came back neg. The nurse told me that some women take a long time to show positive on urine tests, and i should get a blood test. Iam scared to take a blood test because i don't want to hear another negative result, and i feel kind of dumb for thinking that i might be preg when i've had 2 neg tests, and i feel like it will dissapoint my husband more. I am still having the same symptoms, and now i think my lower abomen is swelling. Im starting to wish that i would just get my period already so i could move on and try again next cycle. Has anyone ever had a neg and then testd positive at 6wks or later? Has anyone had a similar situation and then gone on to have a normal period? Sorry this was so long but if anyone could share their stories, thoughts or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

I have a friend who home tested neg and found out with a blood test that she was 2 months pregnant. I understand about not wanting to hear another negative. I just took a test and got a negative even though I do have some signs and symptoms. The only one I don't have is a missed period because I"m on the bc pill. I'm not scheduled for another period for 2.5 months. I don't know if it is too soon to test because my last period was 3 months ago. I think I'm going to schedule a dr.'s appt next week. Good luck to you.

I hope that you end up getting the results you want. I know how discouraging you feel. I have been having pregnancy symptoms like I'm on my 3rd granola bar in 10 minutes not including the 2 bowls of chips soon to be three and everything else I've eaten lol. But I have been hoping for a positive pregnancy test especially since my Fiancce's birthday is today. He would find that the best birthday present anyone could give him. An depending on how you look at it I'm late for my period by almost 2 weeks or I'm late by 2 days. I definately knwo how discouraged you feel but keep your faith huni and everything will workout how it is supposed too in the end.

hey just wondering how u got on? im in the exact same situation with the faint positive then the negatives. I dont know when im due on but my last period was 42 days ago. I dont wanna go to the docs and get a negative because deep down i dont think that i am actually pregant (even though I was utterly convinced about 2 weeks ago)
would appreciate of u could tell me how u got on :-)

What ended up happening for you? I know my body like clockwork and my body is saying I am pregnant, but the seven pregnancy tests are still saying negative. I am 2 1/2 weeks late for my period and don't know what to do. As I told my husband I am either pregnant or something else is wrong. I just want to know.

So ok I had a period in december of 08, however the period i was supposed to have in january was two and a half weeks late. I took 6 hpt and 5 were neg. however one had a faint line. i went to the doctor and they returned my curiosity with a negative result. the next month i was only 2 days late which with me is normal. Then the next month i barely bled, and was also 4 days late. Today is may 7th, 2009 and i am currently 2 weeks and 3 days late. Yesterday evening I took a hpt and it returned me with a positive result.

So could I have been pregnant this whole time?
Im so confused..... 8-|