A month ago I went to see my doc for I was feeling this abdominal pain for a longer period. He suspected of ovarian cancer for my symptoms were abdominal bloat, constant fatigue and abnormal bleeding out of my periods. So on his advised I’ve done CA125 blood test and the result is – raised levels of CA125. So could it be ovarian cancer?

Well with those CA125 results it could be ovarian cancer though its high levels can be raised in other conditions such endometriosis, fibroids or even pregnancy. Anyway this is the sign that something went wrong. Just to make sure what it is you should have ultrasound test which your doc will probably advise you. You’ve got two types of ultrasound tests and both of them are used to help get ovarian cancer diagnosed. So you may have abdominal or transvaginal ultrasound test. This test will show the size and texture of ovaries and if there’re any cysts. And if there’re cysts than transvaginal ultrasound test will show if the cysts contains any solid areas it is more likely than it is a cancer. But if that cancer went diagnosed in its early stage there’re big chances to bit him up. Regular checks control from now on would be an obligation after the probable surgery.