I just started charting and taking an OPK that detects your LH surge. I've been charting on the web site Fertility Friend. Well, my cycle started on July 21. Using the OPK it said that it had detected my LH surge on the 31. So I assumed that that was when I was likely to ovulate, that's what they say anyway. I took the tests for a couple more days and it didn't detect the surge anymore so I figured I had ovulated. The only thing was my temperatures did not match up to this. According to be BBT's I just ovulated three days ago. I am so confused? Which method should I go by? I have been taking my temp. at the same time every day so I don't know what the problem could be. Does anyone know? We are despretly ttc and I need to be as accurate as possible.

TRUST OPK's.... I do not know whether you are TTC or trying to avoid pregnancy, but I have found that people who use OPK's are more successful in their endeavors.

BBT and cervical muscous can be very misleading, and the tests which determine by urine are more accurate.

With an OPK, if you get a "positive" then you should ovulate within 24 hours..

If you are trying to concieve, HAVE LOTS of sex :-D

If you are trying to avoid, abstain or use back..

Thank you for your advice. Now the only thing is I had a dip in my temp. yesterday to 98.1 and today it's back up to 99.05. I wonder......could it have been an implantation dip or something else that is just normal? I have had aweful headachs the past two days, along with nausea this morning. Maybe I am just hoping to hard. I am def. trying to concieve. Trying for twins at that. thanks!!!