hello, how can i know my ovulation period and when am ovulating? and when can i concieve a baby?

Dear Mimie

Take your regular cycle length (say 30 days), subtract 13 (gives 17), and that gives an estimate ovulation day from your period start (cycle day 17). Maximum fertility is the day before ovulation and you are highly fertile tha day before that.

You are probably fertile from 5 days prior (day 12) as sperm can live in a woman's body for about five days. Implantation would take place about cycle day 26 (+/-3)

Hope this helps

my regular cycle length is 3 months (say 90 days), so can u help me calculate my ovulation period and fertility day and implantation.

Dear Mimie

A 90-day cycle is rare, and it would be difficult to say with any degree of certainty. I would guess Ovulation occurs around day 77 (your first period day being day 1); Implantation would then be around day 86 (9 days later). However, your 3-month cycle may indicate fertility difficulties, so I would urge seeing a doctor about it for tests.

There are a number of ways that can be used to indicate when you are ovulating, but everyone is different, so it is a matter of knowing your body. It is not a precise science, and each has its pros and cons. Signs and symptoms of ovulation are sometimes not that obvious. You have to learn to read your own body signs.

1. Cycle Chart. Charting over time is a good idea, but I realise you only have 4 periods a year, so after the first month, if no signs or symptoms are apparent, you could start looking for signs in earnest from day 70, but keep alert for them all through each 90 day period.
  2. Cervical Mucus. As ovulation approaches, your cervical mucus changes both in amount and consistency. When you're not ovulating, cervical mucus (if you have it then) may appear sticky or creamy. As ovulation approaches, cervical mucus increases. It takes on a watery/raw-egg-white-like consistency It also stretches up to an inch or more between your fingers.
  3. Cervical Position. Just as your cervical mucus changes as ovulation approaches, so does the position of your cervix. When you're most fertile, your cervix will be higher, softer, and more open.
  4. Body Sensations. Some women experience breast tenderness just before or after ovulation. This is related to the hormones getting ready for the potential of pregnancy. You may also get headaches or bloating.
  5. Temperature. Charting your basal body temperature (your body’s temperature at rest) is a way to track ovulation . Your temperature must be taken in the early morning, before getting up or moving around because that increases your body’s temperature slightly. After ovulation occurs, most women notice a sustained increase in their basal body temperature. That won't warn you that ovulation is approaching, but only tell you that it has happened. But it seems to be the most popular method.
  6. Predictor Kit. Ovulation Predictor Kit tests can be used, but they cost money! These require you to either pee on a test stick, or dip a special paper into a cup of collected urine, once a day for a week before you expect to ovulate. There are two lines on the test strip. Whenever the test line is darker than the control line, the test has detected a surge in the Luteinising Hormone surge (the hormone that causes fertile cervical mucus.)

I hope this is of some help.

thank you so much. i really appropriate it. a doctor told me to come for a series of tests but it should be on the second day of my period so now am waitin for the next period around january.

Hope all goes well.