I would like to know more about basal body temperature. I heard my friend mentioning it the other day and ever since then I was wondering. When is this temperature useful, in what conditions? Can you tell me more about basal body thermometer?

A basal body temperature is usually being measured when women are planning to get pregnant. A basal body thermometer (BBT) is an ultrasensitive thermometer that tracks your body's exact temperature and best one is digital thermometer. BBT are fairly cheap and can be purchased at any pharmacy. Each morning, before getting out of bed, women need to take temperature orally and chart it on the graph. They can also do it vaginally, but orally is more accurate. It is important to take the temperature at the same time each morning, if not so, the graph won't be accurate. After ovulation, body temperature rises between 32 and 32.9 degrees. However, some women don't experience any sharp differences in temperature, but they are still ovulating. If you are planning to do this, go to your doctor for some advice.