What is the ideal temperature for pool? I started practicing swimming because my physical therapist advised me to do so, because I have certain spinal and muscular problems because my job is mainly sedentary. The water in this public pool I’m using at the moment is a bit cool and I’m thinking to find another place for swimming. I’d like when the water is warm.

Actually, it’s more efficient if the water is colder for various reasons. First of all, it’s better for exercising that water is colder. It should be around 28C. Everything higher than that is not appropriate for exercising, because I guess it makes your muscles more relaxed and makes you sleepy. For children and disabled people, the temperature of water should be 30C. Besides, higher temperatures easily destroy solutions for sanitizing water and bacteria develop faster in warm water. So, there’s a perfectly logical reason why water in your swimming pool isn’t warm as you expect it to be. Besides, it’s not a spa. Water is usually unpleasantly cool every time you get in it, but very soon you get used to it and you feel comfortable.