My condition has been lasting for over a year. There is nothing wrong with me, I even had to have a general check - up (my employer organised that since I have a very stressful and time - consuming job) and all results were normal. However, I feel tired all the time. I’m exhausted when I get up in the morning, my muscles hurt, my shoulders and neck are as nailed to the wall - the slightest movement causes enormous pain. What is the reason for this condition? Why am I overwhelmed by pain if nothing is wrong with me?

It is very possible that you suffer from a disorder called fibromyalgia. The cause is not known, and fibromyalgia usually occurs on its own, but in your case it can be associated with your stressful job. The symptoms of this disorder are those you describe - pain all over the body and inexplicable fatigue. “Tender points” appear on neck, shoulders or legs - they hurt even if they are lightly pressed. Headaches, tingling sensations and morning stiffness are also possible. Treating this problem can be very tricky, you will have to find a doctor who is familiar with fibromyalgia and he/she will have to involve a team of experts. There are not particular drugs made specially for fibromyalgia treatment, so doctors use medicines approved for other purposes. The symptoms will never disappear for ever, but, on the other hand, this is not a health or life endangering disorder. However, since it can greatly influence the quality of life, it is advisable to consult doctor. He will probably use medicines such as analgesics, antidepressants, muscle relaxants or sleeping pills and suggest various therapies for pain management and stress relief.