Hello. I'm 45 year old female and I would like to talk with someone about this. Just recently, I have noticed some typical inflammation signs such as runny nose, sore throat and enlarged lymph nodes.
Of course, I have contacted my GP over this and he prescribed me some antibiotics for it. After week of using everything seamed to be ok accept my swollen lymph nodes on the neck. So, what I could do - I have contacted my doctor again and he told me that he must do some tests but lymph node enlargement is never a good sign. He even notices some Castleman’s disease as a possible cause! What should I know about this disorder?

I don’t have any personal experience with this disease, but I have read a lot about this lately and I will tell you everything I know about it.
I have found one good definition of this disorder in some medical encyclopedia- Castleman's disease is a rare disorder characterized by non-cancerous growths that may develop in the lymph node tissue throughout the body. You may even bump on a word- tumor, but you should know that tumor is every abnormal growth in human body.
There are several possible localizations such as neck, armpit, chest, abdomen and others… There are two main types of Castleman's disease: hyaline-vascular type and plasma cell type. Hyaline-vascular type is most common and associated with almost no other symptoms.
The plasma cell type of Castleman's disease may be associated with fever, weight loss, skin rash and early destruction of red blood cells.