Hello. I'm 48 year old male and I'm pretty desperate right now. To be honest with you, I don’t know what to do!
Why all bad things must happen to me? About three months I have felt strange chest pain and I cough a lot. I thought these are some usual cold of bronchitis symptoms and I've contacted my GP over it. He could tell what it is and sent me to some endocrinologist which, after few tests, determined that I have some Large Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma (LCNEC) of the lungs. Can you believe it? Almost no symptoms and still carcinoma diagnosis. My life has crushed in a second. Doctor told me that everything will be all right and scheduled me for operation in three days. What kind of operation this is? Are there any LCNEC survivors out there?

Hello. I'm 23 year old female and I think I could help you in understanding some details about your condition. My mother has been diagnosed with this LCNEC two years ago and had an operation soon after. Now, she’s feeling just fine and there were no complications after. LCNEC is carcinoma of, so called, neuroendocrine cells that can be found in almost all organs.
These cells are like small endocrine glands that are producing local neurotransmitters or hormones so the carcinoma could also do that.
Large cell carcinoma typically present with large peripheral masses, which may also involve bronchi, invading visceral pleura, chest wall or adjacent structures. Although, very aggressive, the prognosis is very good is detected early. The whole lung lobe attacked with tumor is being removed.