Hello. I'm 38 year old mother and I was very worried about my only son. He is only 9 years old but recently he has developed some skin disorder. For about a year now, he is playing for his school basketball team having regular trainings twice a week. Three days ago, when he returned from court, he has noticed that his feet are red and swollen. I have told him to wash it good and leave it. The next day, not only that it was red but also had some whitish fields on his skin. We’ve contacted his GP immediately and he determined that this is very common skin fungal infection called athlete’s foot. He also prescribed him some Lotrisone topical lotion but I don’t know anything about it, instructions for use or possible side effects!

Hello. I have used this lotion several times because I have also problems with excessive sweating of feet. This is perfect environment for developed fungal infections. Lotrisone is combination of two drugs- Clotrimazole -antifungal medication that prevents fungus from growing and Betamethasone- steroid that reduces itching, swelling, and redness of the skin. There are some important facts you should know about use of this drug! Remember to wash your hands before and after using this medication and you should always clean and dry the affected area. Apply a small amount of the cream-usually twice daily.
It is still unknown does this drug will harm an unborn baby or does it passes into breast milk.