Hello. I'm 26 year old female and I would like to discuss one problem with people that maybe know more about this. You see, for always I had problems with heavy menstrual periods and pain associated with all this. But these last couple of months it become unbearable. I started to suffer from constant pain and severe cramping along with irregular menstrual bleeding!
I've contacted my gynecologist just recently he told me that he suspects in some condition called adenomyosis. He told me that it has something to do with my uterus but that isn’t so serious but I really don’t know anything about it. Can anyone help me in understand these things!

I believe I can help you because I know some facts about this condition you’ve mentioned. I don’t know how much do you know about this but I know that adenomyosis is in fact growth of endometrial tissue from the uterine lining into the myometrium-uterine muscle is called adenomyosis or internal endometriosis.
You’ve suffered almost all typical symptoms such as abnormal and heavy bleeding and strange pelvic pain. Your doctor in future may prescribe you some drugs to cause temporary relief but the moderately enlarged uterus is asymptomatic and no treatment is necessary. I don’t even want to talk about second option because you are very young you must know that the second option is surgery. Hysterectomy is currently considered by most the only effective treatment for adenomyosis.