Hello, folks. My colleague has been recently discovered a brain tumor. Doctors recommended him a brain tumor as a treatment option. I would like to ask if the radiation can stop brain tumor to grow. I would really appreciate this piece of info. Thanks in advance for all your replies. Bye!

Hi, there. There are two ways of brain radiation treatment. The first one is conventional radiation therapy where entire brain is radiated. The other way is stereotactic radiosurgery where single, high dose of radiation is used. It depends which brain tumor it is with your colleague. Most of brain tumors are resistant to radiation therapy. Only medulloblastoma and some hypophisis tumors are sensitive to radiation. In that way, you can expect tumors to stop growing. But, medulloblastoma is more typical for kids, so I doubt this is a type of tumor your colleague has. I hope everything will be all right with your colleague. Bye!