I am a runner beginner and to be honest, I have a lot of trouble maintaining distance pace. It's not a problem when I run circles indoors, but in open, especially if it is a new course, I cannot adapt so easily. I lose strength fast and my pace drops, so you might imagine how sometimes my running times could be very lousy. Is there a way to keep my distance pace more steady?

You said that you are a beginner in this sport; so basically, you don't have to be afraid. It will all probably turn out all right with a little more experience. I am certain that you often heard from your friends at training that experience sometimes wins the race, not mere strength or stamina. And today, you can get a lot of help from hand distance pace calculators. They can momentarily tell you about your speed, covered distance, all sort of numbers that will help you maintain steady course.