I want to know something more about training for distance runners. I am 20 years old and I just started going to college. Running was always my favorite sport, I don't know why, maybe it is because only while running I feel some sort of freedom and independence. Good health and body condition are just side effects for me.

It seems that your causes for running are a bit different than those of others, but nevertheless, you still need to be informed on training for distance runners. First, you have to find out what distance suits you best, and of course, is that the distance you'll enjoy running the most. I get the feeling that this is more important to you than time results. Afterwards, you'll start with shorter distances than the one you choose, but will slowly make it longer until you reach the distance you prefer. Training would be much easier if you become a member of some athletic club, I'm sure there's one at your college.