My daughter is expecting her third child between Sept. 3-14 of 2006. With this pregnancy she has felt quite well except for the fact she has retained a lot of fluid. However, within the past couple of weeks it's obvious she's retained so much fluid her skin is hard, her hands are so swollen she can't use them because of they are swollen and they hurt and attempting to use them causes pain. She resorted to purchasing a pair of mules less than a week ago and she cannot get them on. In addition, one hand is so numb it doesn't hurt and the other hand is tingles, stings, etc. and is beginning to feel numb. She also cannot take more than one-step at a time.
She had her blood pressure checked today at the hospital. Since it was normal she was sent home and told it was one of the annoyances of being pregnant.
I've noticed she isn't going to the bathroom much either and tonight she has developed sharp pains in her kidney area.
Should I more than express my ongoing concern for her health and the baby's health and insist she see her doctor tomorrow?
Thank you for your response for I'm worried beyond expression.

One of my friends who is pregnant in her 6th month also had the issue of fluid retention. Her doctor told her to take Vitamin B as a separate supplement and right after she started taking it she lost a lot of fluid by urinating a couple of times at night, losing 2 Pounds and feeling much better. You're daughter should ask her doctor what he thinks.
Hope this helped a little bit.

Do you know which vitamin B, or a combo of several of them???