Hi... i was wondering if girls ovulate while they are pregnant? I ask this question because about a month and a half ago... me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex... it was for about 5 minutes and i never got close to ejaculating... lately... after she eats she gets real bad nausea.. but only after she eats... her period was pretty on time only about a day or two late but for the past 6-7 months she has been a day late... her bleeding was nothing out of the ordinary.. not lighter than usual but just like all her other ones... I know u can still be pregnant even if you have your period... so i guess im a little worried... she began ovulating about 4-5 days ago... so thats why i wanna know if it is possible for girls to ovulate during pregnancy.. because if not.. than for sure i am positive she is not pregnant.

No you do not ovulate while pregnant!
AND NO YOU CANNOT HAVE A PEIRiOD WHILE PREGNANT!!!!
YOU CAN have BLEEDING which is LIKE a period and heavy, but it is NOT TECHNICALLY A peirod!!!!!

You say she ovulated 4-5 days ago, how does she know? Does she use an ovulation monitor? GUESSING does not work, the only way to know for sure is to use a monitor.

IF PERIODS are consistently coming a day late, then SHE MUST be changing..HER CYCLE may be changing and getting longer.

Why not get on birth control if she is afraid of pregnancy???

Can you be a little nicer to this kid

Lately when I go down on my girl friend she has had all this discharge that looks, feels, and tastes like sqash...... does any one know what this could be?

hi i would realy lik to no wot up wid my periods, av bin off the pill now for a gud while and last month i noticed 10days later i started spotting for about 4 days(brownish colour) then stopped then this month i was for days early an for 2days i was realy light then 2 days of normal bleeding then 1 day very light then stopped then just to days later i started spotting again this time it was pinkish colour ????????

BTW... I've been pregnant and still had periods. Talk to an OB gyn, not Joe Shmoe on the internet if you want the real story. Really, don't beat around the bush on this one. You're dealing with someone else's potential life. What does your future child (this one or others) deserve?

Best of luck, I hope it turns out the way you want it to.

md

Got this from About.com - Twins and Multiples.
"Superfetation"
Definition: Term used to describe the formation of a fetus while another fetus is already present in the uterus. It occurs when eggs from two separate menstrual cycles are released, as opposed to normal dizygotic twins where multiple ova are expelled in a single cycle. Although common in animals, it is rare in humans, but can result in a twin or multiple pregnancy where the fetuses display a marked difference in gestational development.

Tho in league with the basic topic...

my ex said her mom was doing the same thins (period/bleeding while preg)

so you cant really be sure bro.... and to be honest, that scares the piss out of me. My ex is sayin shes preg, and im no where close to being ready for a kid....

id say go to cvs and get one of those first response pregnancy tests and see what it says, ya know?

Best of luck bro.

Well I have dyzigotic twins who are eight now, because I do ovulate while I'm pregnant. I have a cyst on my ovary which causes me to have an erratic egg cycle. I can have an egg that becomes fertilized and, then have another egg become ferilized when I ovulate about a 2 weeks afterI initially became pregnant. Withmy twins I was 10 weeks with fetus A and 7 weeks With fetus B. This is not a blessing it's a curse I had my twins 4 months early and, they were in the NICU. I've had 3 miscarriages and, most recently I had one just yesterday, that's why I'm on here. I have four kids now, and no birth control has ever worked for me. If you feel like your body is showing signs of a problem look into it, and if your doctor is an id**t find a new one. Your body is too important to take for granted.I have to get my tubes tied and, my left ovary removed and I finally found a doctor to do it for me, don't feel stupid about worrying about you.

I completely agree with you. To top things off, no one should ever judge and inform if the information that is being given is invalid.

I also have the ability to ovulate while pregnant. I am carrying normal identical twins plus a third baby right now. Baby A and B are both at 8 weeks, baby C is at 6. Today I had another doctors appointment where they think that I am showing signed of ovulating yet again. so yes it can happen, it is very rare but it can and does happen. My mother does it too and so does my grandmother. It really is a curse.

I've had three kids with my last I had a period before a blood test proved I was pregnant with him. The dr swore up and down that I must have just got pregnant with him. Well he was born on the day I had figured which was three weeks before the dr. stated and he was just as big as his brothers so it is possible to have a period and be pregnant

I'm pregnant for the 5th time. I've had 2 children (one is 5yo and one is 3yo), one stillbirth at 24wks, and one miscarriage at 7wks. I ovulate every single month when I am pregnant. It IS possible to ovulate when you are pregnant (though rare).

It IS POSSIBLE to ovulate while pregnant and some women do have their period.

when i was prago i had my period so yes u can, and people ask questions on the internet sometime because they dont have money to see a doctor so people please be nice or dont answer