I have this numbness in my stomach.. well a little higher. It is just below my ribs on my right side and just above my uterus. I am 36 weeks pregnant and I am wondering if this is normal? My baby is moving like he should but it is a golf ball sized part of my skin that I have no feeling in. Please answer.

That is very hard to answer and I would suggest bringing this up to your doctor. It could be that the baby has been pushing on this part long enough to cause some numbness. Please check with your doctor to get a proper diagnosis though.

I too have had that numbness on and off for about a week, but mine is on the left below my heart. I am 31 weeks and was also worried about it. Glad to see that I am not the only one.

I'm 38 weeks and I haven't experience numbness but I experience a soreness itcy feeling on the left side of my stomach right below my heart also and when I brought it to my doctor's attention she didn't really have a explanation for it.

I am having the EXACT same problem. The numbness in my upper right side of my tummy. I am curious what the doctor said. I am 37weeks and it has been going on for about a week now. HELP! Its the weekend and I called the on call doctor but she is not an OB doc so who knows. she was like I don't know and then said it could be this or that but shouldn't be serious. But I am still worried.

My email is _[removed]_
If you could email me there and let me know what you think or know.

I am 23 wks. and I started getting this on and off numbness two wks. ago. I have yet to bring it up to my Dr. but will at my next appt. next Monday. It feels at times as if I have Tiger Balm on it, it has a cool heat feel to it. I am sure it is nothing since it above the uterus, but if someone does have some insight it would be great to hear.

A~

I had the same pain for both of my previous pregnancies and my children were fine. My doc said that they were just pushing on some nerves. BUT now (I am 24 weeks) I have noticed the numbness again for a couple of weeks and this time it is really bad. It tingles and burns. When I move, sometimes it feels like someone is stabbing me. All I can do is rub it and try to stretch my body out. I sit at a desk for work and its really hard to work this way....and when I walk I feel like I'm arching my back and sticking my chest out a mile just to feel better. I hope it doesn't get any worse because I have a long way to go still. I probably talk to my doc about it at my next appt. It just bothers me that this time is worse than the others.

I am having the same problem as the guest posted above. About a month ago, the skin on my upper abs was numb. I would pinch my skin in that area and I would not feel anything. Now it has turned into what I would call a rash sensation, although there is no sign of a rash. It stings and burns on the outside various times throughout the day, and I get an intense, stabbing sensation under that area about three times a day. I have tried calling my doctor numerous of times these past few weeks, and everyone has been too busy to answer my questions. I have an appointment on Wednesday, but hopefully someone can read this and give me their input. It is nice to know that I am not the only one, but I hope that it isn't anything serious! If anyone can tell me anything about these symptoms, my e-mail is _[removed]_.

Hi, i have this sensation too: it feels like somebody is holding an iron under my breasts and it feels numb also. My friend who is also pregnant had the same feeling. Her yoga teacher told her that this may be caused by the muscles stretch. I hope so.

:-)

I also have this numbness that everyone is posting... I am 35 Weeks pregnant and have noticed it for the past month. mine, however, does not feel like a rash or burning sensation. The entire right side of my stomach and from my belly button down is all numb... I have a doctor's appointment next monday, but i already know that it is from the nerves being stretched and spaced farther apart. The baby is moving just as much as she has my entire pregnancy so I am not all that worried... I'll let everyone know what the doctor says!!

I just got back from my OB appt, and have been feeling this same thing! It is a small patch, under my ribs on the right side. When I brought it up to the doctor, she immediately said that this was due to the rib cage separating and expanding to make room for the baby. Interesting! She also said some "foot action" under there might aggravate the problem.

hi i to have some numbness on my belly just to the right of my belly button also about the size of a golfball. i have been told its caused by nerve endings too but am also going to bring it up with the midwife on friday when i go. its reassuring to know there's a few of us out there!!!!

I am having the same 4 inch by 4 inch patch of numbness and sometimes burning to my upper right abdomen where my uterus ends--I am 38 weeks and my physician or nurse had no answers either---anyone???

I am having exactly the same problems and feelings everyone else is describing. I emailed a baby board about it and someone had said that once she delivered the placenta it went away immediately. My doctor said that is is normal and it is caused by my uterus and body growing. I am 35 weeks and hoping that once the baby drops it goes away completely! IT IS SO ANNOYINGLY painful!

I am 35 weeks pregnant and am experiencing numbness under my ribs in the center of my stomach. It's about the size of a golf ball, maybe a little bit bigger. I am worried about it and looking forward to going to my doctor's apt. this week. I'll post a response after talking to my doctor. I am glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this though.