i have a question.. ive been having this smelly mucus for almost 5 months.. it started when i was dyeng my pants with chlorox...much known here in the philippines as xonrox for bleaching clothes..then i went to sleep in my room with the dyed pants and chlorox.. the next dye i woke up.. my jaw was aching and i felt sick..it was night again.. i slept in the same room with the chlorox and the dyed pants again...the next day i woke up.. i had a smelly mucus in my nose which smells very digusting...up to the recent day. i still have smelly mucus...please.. i hope someone could help me here...

Why on Earth did you sleep with this stuff in your room?
This is the information that comes from the United States Department of Defense:

Chlorox can cause temporary eye injury, may irritate skin, make you nauseous, vomit. The stuff can irritate your nose, throat and lungs.
Exposure to high concentration of chlorox can cause chronic respiratory problems. These include asthma, chronic bronchitis or obstructive lung disease.

I would have that mucus checked as soon as possible.

i have had death smell super green snot for about 8 months and i havenot been around chemicals. i cannot afford a doctor so i went to the E.R. they didn'treally check me out all that well. told me i had sinusitis and gave me meds. didn'really help. cant afford tokeep going to the E.R. sometimes my nose hurts really bad makes the back of my head hurt what do y outhink this is??

Had a congestion cough. Woke up one night and it felt like someone hit me in the face. Thought it was a tooth issue and went to the dentist. He showed that my sinuses were full so I went to doc. Doc prescribed Cipro Antibiotics for sinus infection. I've been on them for 9 days and no change. I still have slight pain in sinuses and this disgusting stinky mucus!!! I've started flushing my sinuses with saline and a neti pot so I am hoping the cipro will kick in and start working and get rid of this disgusting stuff!!! I can't find anything on the internet other than a mention of smelly mucus but nothing about how long it should last or what to do about it.

I have had the smelly mucus...Here is what it is from...DAIRY products. Yes its dairy that does it..When I dont have any dairy it goes away and all is normal. By gee it stinks if I so much as have a cup of tea with milk. Cheese it doesnt seem to react as badly to but it sure does react if I have milk, and especially full cream. So get rid of milk and you will go back to normal, if not I then suggest you go see a snot Doctor. An ENT specialist will probably say you have rhinitis and give you sprays. Dont take them long term as it has really bad side effects. And they dont tend to emphasize the side effects too much, until its too late of course.

Anybody here ever hear of Candida? Taking antibiotics will make this problem worse. Candida is responsible for so many things that go wrong with the body. Google it to see all the fun things it creates to make life less healthy. Try doing a simple colon cleanse. Its been said many times over that all sickness and decease starts in the colon. Anyway I have this issue going on to with the smell mucus but I know better then to take any prescribed meds. They will give you the quick fix but in the long run you'll wish you went the natural route. Do yourself a favor and look it up. CANDIDA!!!

its the infection in your tooth in the upperjaw which causes it

dark green mucus and foul smell can be associated with fungal sinus infections, which antibiotics will not help. you need amphotericin b nasal washes.

Guys the smell your smelling is from blowing your nose... not to be grose but this thread is anyhow..

your blowing your nose.. and the snot it staying up top in that little area at the inside point/tip of your nose.. then when it decides to losin .. it smells.

and it hurts, its hard crusty.. and you dont even know its there but thats the smell.

Ive had this bs for 4 1/2 months.. crusty painful almost krazy glue like c**p lining the inside of my nostrils..

well....................... finally figured out how to work with it.

In the shower... do your normal soaping and washing hair... by then your shower/bathroom will be moist humid.. now take ( dunno if any brand is ok but ) dove blue packaging soap... run your finger across it.. then make sure you have white soap on your finger.. and put it up your nose and slowly rubbing it around the inside of your nostril.. trust me this sounds wrong.. but omg.. finally away to get the painfull crustiness to go away..

the soap disoves it..... I was actually trying to peel it for 3 weeks with a finger nail and pulling up skin and causing it to bleed.. both nostrils..

but this way... finally solved it.

and I have to admit i went to 4 FOUR! doctors everyone of them said nothing zero ziltch.. one gave me an EKG.. and said I had high blood pressure.. YA THINK??????? I would have rather had a cracked tooth for 4 months then ongoing feeling like crushed glass was shoved up my nose.

lol sorry i get pissed at the time I wasted.. anyhow... then get out of the shower.. quickly dry your hands and blow your nose.

it should last you the day.. maybe for good.

But i remembered i did it for 3 days..

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER KNEW WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO HAVE MULTIPLE NOSE PIERCINGS ... WELL I DID AFTER THAT SCREWED UP 4 1/2 month SINUS c**p.

IT'S BEEN I SAY ABOUT SIX DAYS AND I HAVE THIS NASTY SMELL IN MY RIGHT NASTRIL.I'VE TRIED PUTTING WATER AND DRAINING IT OUT MY SELF BUT IT DOES NOT WORK! I TELL MY FRIENDS ABOUT THIS, THEY LOOK AT ME AS IF I'M CRAZY...LOL. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

have you got any tooth problems at all?

Smelly mucus is becoming the order of the day for us. however, I have not seen much help on internet. some dr advised me to stop using diary products and it is now a second day since I started, the smell today is reduced a bit. I also use saline water morning and evening and I have been able to sleep for sometime now. Try these remedies please and might experience change.

Good luck.

well... well.... Im the DOVE guy from above.. its been 6 months.. its back.

Now ive narrowed it down.. starts in hayfever season sept.. last the year cause of dry furnace.. got a humidifier.. but it was rapid by then..

The KEY.. fall season make sure its gone asap.. or you'll have it all winter with your furnace.

here the reasons I found

- Dust mites < -- I always super clean my place after summer...
- Pollen
- Double Double coffee cream
- New Jeans ( chemicals in them without wasking them first)
- Eye Glasses.. the holders do wonders to your sinuses if your starting an infection.
- DO not use LYSOL
- New world for you.. yep start washin bedsheets WEEKLY.

I used..
- Neti Pot
- saline spray to take with you
- air purifier
- humidifier BEFORE you turn on your furnace.

Hate to say it.. but your all at severe damaged sinuses stage. now the stuff above I listed is a MUST

Im actually on my way out now to get neosporin or polysporin.. I'll return back here in a week.. if its gone I'll let ya know.

Think were 50/50 when fall arrives.. if you can shake the sinus issues they'll stay with ya till next summer.

also get checked for gluten Wheat allergies.

Its amazing all the worlds food is changing to GARBAGE... and were all illergic to a new food seems in the past 2 years..
Dairy, or gluten or peanuts you name it..studies poppin up all over the place.

A new phenomenon this year for me, though life long allergy sufferer here, the use of a Neti pot has proven the best treatment for the sinuses and nasal discharge. Started out with swollen lymph nodes in my neck, fever, and general malaise. It then migrated up to my jaw where it caused a great(!) deal of pain, then into my sinuses where it was both painful and congested...until one night when I was sleeping and was awoken by a "pop" and immediate burning in my nasal cavity. The doctor said I did not have a sinus infection but merely allergies. Hard to believe, but what could I do? Wanted antibiotics but tried the Neti pot and within a few days noticed less discharge, dramatically decreased swelling in lymph nodes, and loss of nasal congestion. It's possible whatever was in my sinuses finally cleared up on its own (after 2 months!) but I'm inclined to believe there is something to using the Neti pot. Can't hurt, so why not give it a try??? BTW, I have been on Zyrtec for years and keep a very, very clean house as well as use a high grade air purifier for my place and, while all those things help since we don't live in plastic bubbles I would still recommend the Neti pot as a tool to combat whatever causes us to feel such nasty symptoms....yecch and good luck!

I think i have the answer... i too have shared all the same symptoms and over the counter remedies with no luck whatsoever. then i started thinking... it must be tough for antibiotics to get into the sinus to stop the infection and a light bulb went on and i thought what if i could get the antibiotic in my nostrils....so i pulled an amoxacillin tablet apart and theres white powder inside so in a last desperate attempt to stop the infection i snorted the powder up my nostrils and IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within ten min the smell went away and in twenty minutes my sense of smell came back and all night long no symptoms have returned. doctors prob wouldnt recomend this method but when the situation calls for desperate measures sometimes thats the ONLY cure let me know if it works for you guys