I have one simple but then again strange question. What is the best treatment for burnt tongue? I burned my tongue coz the coffee was to hot. What can I do to make this feeling go away?

It had happened to me many times and I am sure that it will happen again. It is one of those things that ´´just happen´´. However, if you have burned your tongue severely, I advise you to seek professional care. If not, I will give you some tips that can help you get rid of the unpleasant feeling in your mouth. The surfaces of your mouth and tongue are mucus membranes, and as such, they heal faster than other areas of your body. Even though your tongue may be hurting, know that the pain will go away very soon. You can cool your tongue with a frozen dessert such as ice cream. For severe burns you can leave frozen foods on top of the tongue for 3 to 4 minutes. This way the tongue will becomes slightly numb and the pain will be dulled. One of the things that you can also do is to suck on an ice cube. Inhaling air through your mouth, across and over your tongue will also help you. The cool breeze will help you relieve the unpleasant pain. Remember, if you have burned your tongue severely go to your doctor.

hello, i drink tea, and i burnt my tongue on hot tea and had more after not realizing my tongue would be extra sensitive and burnt it more! and everytime i have tea i always try it too early and my tongue hurts more and it's been 5 days my tongue is hurting so badly how can i make the pain go away?

Sprinkle sugar on it.

sugar didnt work

i burnt my tongue like u did and then had more tea too not knowing that is would make it worse....i'm trying sucking on ice

if you suck on a coughdrop, it will numb your tongue. i think someone said it up there... but its the only thing that really helps me

Hi, I also drink tea, and I love soup. Two things that can burn your tongue. Today is Monday, and on Friday I had some really hot soup and burned my tongue. Then I kept burning it on various things throughout the weekend. The pain has not gone away yet, and I can't taste ANYTHING. Also, my tongue is a weird whitish color, and is numb but painful. Does that make sense? Should I see a doctor for it? Because it feels really weird, like I have something coating it, and it's white with red spots where the tastebuds are. Or should I just use a home remedy? Please reply!!!

thpwtsgirl1979 - what ended up happening? You are explaining exactly the feeling I have (tastebuds raised white with like a coating) not sure if that means a 2nd degree burn or what. I was thinking about going to the doctor not sure they can really do much. What ended up working for you? How long can I expect it to take to heal.

Please reply ! Thanks

I really advise you to go to the doctor if the burning keeps going for more than 1 hour, or if the tongue has changed color. Hee, I know this stuff because my brother is a doctor. Hope this helped.

I burnt my tongue on a bioling hot cup of hot chocolate at about 11am today it was 8pm and it still realy hurt. So i stuck my tongue out and put it in and out of the running tap as if i was drinking from it like a cat. It realy worked and it is now realy soothed and much better. Im Amazed! :-D

I am a practicing doctor and like the first response, rubbing your tongue with a frozen dessert or frozen berries, an ice cube or breath in and out can really help. Dont expect the burning to go away immidetly however. It will take time to heal, perhaps a day. It depends on how bad your burn is. Milk, olive oil, sugar and putting your tongue under cold water do not generally work if you want longer lasting relief.

dont go to the doctors for burning your tongue unless its blistering or something of similar magnitude. and no, numbness and discoloration of the taste buds, including tastelessness of everything (which i'm in the midst of enduring right now), do NOTcount as severe symptoms. it's so common. otherwise youre just a simpleton retard for bothering a professional for an extremely minuscule and common discomfort that will happen about 50% of the time you order that coffee at McDonalds. i swear they aim to pain, not please.

Has anyone else noticed that the word S U C K has been censored?! OMG! What has happened to this ridiculous society?! It's now inappropriate and worth CENSORING the act of s u c k ing on an ICE CUBE or POPCICLE!!

You can rinse your mouth out with a alkiline solution or mouthwash eg. Dentyl PH or Bicarbonate of soda mixed with water. I did both and i am cured of my hot soup burn!!