Say within minutes after my very first drink or perhaps a shot of whiskey or brandy, my face and eyes turn red and my heart beat goes rocket high from quite normal to say 100 pm. I never had this problem earlier. It started an year ago, first it was my face and eyes turning red and few weeks later joined by the heart beats. I quit drinking for a while and then for christmas when I had a few drinks it was normal, I didn't have the attack. I didn't want to take any chances so I quit again and then had a few drinks for Easter, my eyes and face turned red, but it was normal after a few drinks and the next couple of days was fine. I quit again. Few days back, just out of curiosity, I tried having a drink and it came back. My eyes and face turned red and my pulse rate rose. I stopped immediately and the next day again I tried having a drink and the same result. What could be the reason? Is it a severe medical condition? Is there a cure? I used to have high blood pressure but now it is normal because of exercise and diet. I'm on the borderline where being a diabetic is concerned. I'm 40 years old now. Someone please advise. Thanks

i face similar symptoms and have been experimenting quite often just like you, not able to understand what it is, if you have figured out please let me know.

i am having red eyes, fast heart beat after 15 minutes of alcohol intake. If i quit for some days then after first drink there is no problem. if i continues to drink daily one day it will be back, i did not understand the reasons.

I faced de same matter... reason was my girl friend had given me anti alchohol pills with my meals. So that medicine work when ever i take alchohol and it try to withdraw it.really hate that moment.

I am too facing same kind of issue . Please let me know if anyone has clear idea on this condition.

I think you are right, I used to drink but I came to know this happened to me because my parents gave me anti alcohol pills. The moment I just have one sip I feel irritation and heart beats fast.

Same problem ..eyes become red and pulse rate is too higher

Yes this is same thing happening with me also what can we do to stop this