Sirs:

I often depend on your site for medical information. A recent google surf for non-surgical hemorrhoid treatments lead me to "Ultroid." A little more seraching brought several favorable research studies. But I came back to your site for more answers--but there aren't any. You have no listing for this procedure. What can you tell me? Is this the alternative I want?

The thought of strangling with a rubber band or slicing away tissue with surgery is not a comfort. Burning with lasers or chemical injections is non too appealing either. Could it really be so easy as Ultroid and the studies claim?

Help!

Sincerely,
Capella Gallinago

I would also be interested in having a feedback on this procedure and see whether it is really effective...

I am pretty close to the conventional surgery with incision of the anus - :-( definitely not a walk in the park thing!! o.O

I can tell you for sure that this is a very good procedure.

It's sad that it wasn't on the market sooner.

What ever you do give this method a try first.

It truly is painless and effective.

I also read about this procedure Ultroid, sounds convincing to try, but i dont think its practiced in my area, even tho its been around since 1994. Im in Pa. Closest one that came up is in MD.

i am a distributor for Ultroid. You are correct, it is an amazing treatment for external and mixed hemorrhoids stages 1-4. Many doctors are beginning to use it and hopefully there will be one in your area soon. I am in New York and there are many doctors using it here. If you have to travel it might be well worth it, compared to the barbaric alternative solutions to hemorroids. You can send me your email if you want more info.

How much does the procedure cost? I read that it was a fraction; how much is a fraction?

I, too, am in the process of becoming a distributor for Ultroid, and it is indeed an amazing product.

I am also in the NY area. To the poster above, what areas of NY are you currently working in?

Why isn't it more avaiable if it is so good? %-) I too am interested, but I live in Alabama and the closest is Selma, AL. Selma is a much smaller town than the B'ham/Tus area where I live with hundreds of surgeons/colon and rectal dotors and not one of them does this.......So confused, I am close to the pph method but I have heard horror stories about it. So I would love to hear from someone about this. :'(

I am currently undergoing this treatment (two sessions in out of three) and I will say that it surprisingly does work. It truly is a wonder that more doctors don't do it. I live in a big city with a population over 3 million and only ONE doctor does it here. I too found it nearly impossible to find reviews from anyone that was not trying to market the product before I'd seen the physician.

It is NOT completely painless. It is uncomfortable having tools inserted into the rectum and during the procedure the alternating current can create a searing burning sensation. Further, having a doctor and an assistant perform the procedure is not what would fall under a normal doctor visit regarding comfort. Throughout the procedure there are moments of feeling relatively no pain and a noticeable searing pain. If it starts to hurt, one can let the doctor know and they can eliminate that sensation quickly. I was sweating throughout the operations and afterwards I'd felt half-exhausted. There was a small amount of blood in my stools after the procedure and remnants of the recently burned flesh, but this goes away after a day or so and should not alarm anyone.

I would NOT let any of this dissuade anyone from having the procedure as it is one million percent better than having a Hemeroidectomy. They can not compare. If the reviews up on the net currently are real, then I would bet the patients were simply so thrilled with the results that they'd forgotten how the actual procedure was. It's NOT completely painless, and I would put the recovery time at about one to two mild days (not zero days as stated by the company).

I would recommend this 100%, but wanted to let everyone know a little bit of what to expect.

I had 13 expensive Ultroid treatments. I still have hemorrhoids that swell and bleed.

13 treatments? Mine took two Ultroid treatments (one per hemorrhoid), and if the first one hadn't worked, I might go back for a second, but I certainly wouldn't subject myself to 13 treatments if it wasn't working.

I don't want to question the accuracy of your post, but it isn't really helpful without a little more information. People here are really looking for viable alternatives, and there isn't much to be gleaned from your statement. Unless you work for a hemorhoid surgeon, of course. :-D

I once lived in Homewood so I understand your confusion. We've been in South Florida for 20 years, and find this very available here.

My theory on this? You have to think of the economics. My spouse had a local doctor who wanted to do a complete hemorrhoidectomy (cost: $10,000 - $15,000 here) for level 2 - 3 hemorrhoids. The doctors who do this surgery are NOT going to want to perform a $500 procedure in their office when they feel they can use their 'godly' doctor powers and their fear tactics to sell someone on having that barbaric operation.

So - you'll not find that most of the mainline surgery-types will want to do this procedure. The profit margin isn't there for them.

ALWAYS do your research and ALWAYS take anything from a Western medical-type with a grain of salt. It's up to you to do your research and you make your own decisions.

We'll report back after my spouse has the procedure. Promise.

I'm going to try accupunture and chinese herbal medicine fo a coupole of weeks to see if that has any affect on my stage 3 internal Hem's.
The reason for this is one of my wifes friends was told she needed a Hysterectomy and then went and saw a accupunturist and after a couple of weeks she was cured. NO B.S..

This explanation was excellent. I have had the Rhoid treatment - 2 down and 1 or 2 to go to complete the job. It has given me great relief. I would never have full blown surgery unless it was that I would die otherwise. I am so thankful this option is available. The description given about the pain involved was right on - worse than a rectal exam and takes a bit longer too, but a great alternative to surgery.

I just had my first treatment and I just want to say, it isn't painless for everyone. Actually, I have had the IRC procedure in the past (didn't work, even after all treatments I was told I'd need), but the Ultroid HURT very badly. I do have fibromyalgia and the girl told me that may be why it hurt so bad. I could actually feel the electric shocks (burning and pinching) and I had horrible cramping during and for several hours afterward. I'm terrified to go in for my future treatments, and to make matters worse I have seen no results from the one I've had (which I supposedly should have). I found this site because I want to know if this is worth the pain.