I've had a fast heart rate recently ever since school started in January. I've never had that fast of a heart rate before, but now it's beating at about 100 bpm. I haven't exactly been exercising hardcore, but everyday first semester, I would do an hour of calisthenics (situps, pushups). However, when second semester started, my resting heart rate suddenly rushed up from its normal 80 bpm to about 100. I'm not sure what's the cause of it though. I thought it was because I haven't taken PE as a class for over a year and because I was starting it again, it was getting faster. But that didn't make that much sense to me anyways because it seems like PE should lower a person's heart rate. It's been going on for several weeks now, and I'm getting a little nervous. I'm pretty stressed out right now so I thought that might be the cause, but part of me is worried that it could be heart disease. By the way, I'm 16 years old... (is it normal for a kid my age to have heart disease?). My dad's family has a slight history of heart problems, but I've never had any problems with it until now. Anyways, I'm honestly not sure what I should do. Please help!

well if you aren't dizzy, light headed, or nauseas when this is happening it's not something to be freaking out about. a resting heart rate is between 60-100 bpm. it could be anxiety related. i recently have been very stressed out and my body started having heart palpitations, however they have stopped now. if you are that worried have a doctor check you out. you should always get checked out just to be sure. but heart disease at 16 is unlikely. go to the doc but other than that try deep breathing. your heart rate isn't out of the roof so it's not something to be severely worried about.