This has happened to me about 3 times so far in the past year. only happens whenever i bend down to pick something up or whatever. when i get back up my vision gets blacked out for about two sec. and i notice a shortness of breath and light feeling in my chest with my heart beating REALLY fast. scares the hell out me..... it usually goes away within a few minutes and i usually just sit down and relax. i drink caffeinated drinks but i dont think it has ne thing to do with it. and also do you think it can be related to not having enough to eat during the day? (energy?). went to the doc n he said it might be my equilibrium? hope this isnt a major problem....

thnx

Is the blackout suddenly or Slowly it will turn black and then back to normal again.

hmm i guess i got the same problem as you =) but i dont drink caffeinated drinks.. only very *LIGHT ONE*

Hmm not to worry... it isn't really that serious >.>

But! the only thing is different from yours is whenever i sit down / lay down and i stand up to do something it will black out Slowly.. but not that black just abit black :-)

I get the exact same thing. i bend over to pick something up and by the time i stand, my heart is racing like i ran a marathon. i have tried to catch it with a holter, but they never seem to get it. i have been looking for answers for a long time, and no cardiologist has any!! ahh how frustrating. im glad to know im not the only one out there.

I get the exact same thing. It usually goes away when I bend over again and relax for a bit. Has anyone found anything out about this?

What you all described, the rapid heart beat when bending down, occurred to me too. Went to see a cardiologist. Put me on Toporol. However, had two incidents in last 6 months but very mild. They occurred every time I bent down. Does anyone know the reason for rapid heart beat when bending down? I was told that the lightheadedness is caused by medicine.

I have the exact same thing described. I had my first episode Easter 2003. By August I was seeking a cardiologist. After blood tests, 24 hour monitor, EKG resulted in a clean bill of health and a healthy heart, he recommended in the event of another episode to bear down as in taking a poo, there is a medical term for it, and it works! It works a lot better if you do not panic! I had not had one since 2004, but tonight I had one. And I panicked, needless to say I was googling the maneuver term and to see if there were more of us out there. I have to wonder if dehydration and small caloric intake is a cause. The first episode was after my second child and now my fourth. Nothing with the third, but I was not losing weight either! And I do not drink enough liquids.

My diagnosis:
Inappropriate sinus tachycardia - This is a common physiological response to a stimulus such as exercise or
anxiety.

I used to call it Heart Hiccups, because I could not remember the diagnosis. Something about having an extra sinus charge going in the wrong direction at the same time the one going in the right direction cross at the AV Node. Because everything else was okay there is really no risk of death. If they are too frequent and uncomfortable he recommended medication. I wish I could remember the maneuver. He said weightlifters do the same thing to lift heavy weights, hold breath and bear down like you were taking a poo.

I found this on healthscout: Sinus tachycardias usually do not require treatment other than therapy for the underlying cause, if any. A supraventricular paroxysmal tachycardia may respond to certain simple maneuvers that your physician will explain to you. This may involve holding one's breath for a minute, bathing the face in cold water, or massaging the carotid artery in the neck. In other cases, medication may be prescribed to slow the heartbeat on a continual basis.

I hope this helps, but please see a cardiologist to make sure your heart is okay!

I have this problem too/When ever i try to bend down to pick something ,my heart will beat very fast and i have difficult breathing(feel like choking).I try to put my palm on my chest and feel the heart beat beating very fast and when the episode gone i can feel the heart beating back to normal.Now whenever i try to pick or trying bending down i will hold my breathe.Till now i'm not on any medication.Feel so scared when that happened.

Cheers

HI out there...I have had this same occurance, sometimes when I bend over to pick something up, my heart will pound..hubby has taken my pulse and it seems normal, but it just pounds...I thought I was having a panic attack, but nothing seems to trigger them besides bending over sometimes. I have never been attacked by a bull or a goat, so I am guessing it may be what you all are talking about. I have had EKG, heart monitor: they cant catch it or find anything abnormal with my heart. If I was to go to the ER, it would stop before I got there...

Here is my question..do any of you suffer from hypothyroidism? I am on synthroid, started taking it about 7 years ago. I take other medications, but they have all changed over this time frame. I even went off synthroid for awhile because of insurance issues and it seemed to stop...now it's back. It scares me to death, but glad to hear I am not the only one! Please let me know so I may have some ammo for the doctor when he tells me I am nuts!! Thank you in advance for any info...

Happens to me too . Scary , but doesnt seem to be fatal . Happening for years now .

I have suffered from the same thing for many years.
It usually occurs when I go from a sitting position to a standing position.
I can feel my face going numb, and here comes the blackness.
The first time i experienced this it scared me to death!
I finally got used to it and never mentioned it to a doctor.

One day i was having out patient surgery on my foot, and the doctors noticed my heart doing odd things, so they referred me to a cardiologist.
The cardiologist couldn't find a thing wrong with me.
Several years later i became pregnant, and my blacks outs began to get worse.
I would black out more often when i stood up, and i started blacking out when i bent over.
I even passed completely out on several occasions.

My midwife referred me back to my cardiologist, they done an EKG and made me wear a heart holster for 24 hours.
i blacked out a few times while wearing the holster.
The doctors read my reports and said everything came back fine.
I am 15 weeks pregnant and the black outs and the dizziness keeps getting worse and the doctors cant find anything.

So apparently we all have a unexplainable heart, no one knows whats happening to us.

I would love to know what is.

Just had my third bad episode today. Each time, it was during exercise...this time, I was bending over to pick up free weights. Before it happened, I was just telling my friend that I felt really parched (we forgot to take our water bottles). I think there's something to be said for dehydration, like GuestPub mentioned. Also, I get very short of breath and my tongue and hands become numb, then afterwards, I have a funny, chemical taste on my tongue. Of course, I ran a gamut of tests, including holter moniters, stress, ekg, echo, extended monitor, and naturally, it didn't re-occur, so I have no diagnosis. Very scary, as we all agree. I'm just sick of it :-P

I have had this problem for quite some time now. I bend over to take clothes out of the dryer & it feels like my hearts in my throat. I feel like it's beating 10 x's faster & I feel like I'm going to pass out. I stand up & 'wait it out'. Very scary :-(

Have you been checked for vertigo. This sounds like many of the symptoms my mother and grandmother have and they both have vertigo. It cause panis attacks, repulsive sweating, dizziness, black outs, while bending over or being up high like ladders, rollar coasters ect. You should get checked for vertigo it can be dangerous and if left alone a panic attack can turn into a heart attack!!!!! :-D

I get the same thing, I actually had one tonight after softball practice. mine seem to happen from bending over. My heart pounds really hard, I sweat, get anxious, feel like I can't breathe, and 2-5 mins later, BAM it's gone. I've had them since I was about 13 years old (I am 27 now) and have yet to get a diagnosis. Have had numerious EKG's and a holter study. I have even had two surgeries, unrelated to my heart, and haven't had any issues then..I don't know what the heck they are, what I will say is that they suck, they're scary and they seem to be pretty common. Also, anxiety attacks won't turn into heart attacks, that is seriously the worst thing you can say to someone with anxiety, I will say that stress is bad for you though, and relaxing should be a priority

I too have also had this twice. Both time have been when I have bent forwards to pick something up. I do not feel dizzy but my heart just starts racing - almost like it goes into a spasm of very fast hard beats. I just walked about breathing deeply and relaxing and it went away after a few minutes. What worries me is that it happens in an instant, it doesnt gradually speed up or anything it just happens. Its almost as though something gets squashed.