Hi, I'm a female, 18 now and am 5'3 and a half. I grew rapidly as a kid, In Kindergarten Iwas as tall as the 4th graders, and was projected to be 5'10 by the time I was 14 (by my doctor) MY mom was 5'8 and my dad 6'1. I stopped growing at 11 when I was (and still am) 5'3.

This is really making me mad because I hate being short and should probably be taller... I think their may be a reason though.

First off, I am autistic. When I was about ten-ish doctors tried putting me on SEVERAL (read: at least 20) different drugs, antipsychotics, antidepressents, etc. To try and curb my autism (which definately did nothing but give me side effects such as MASSIVE nosebleeds, headaches, etc. depending on the drug)

I am wondering if the frequent changes in chemicals are the culprit behind my stopped height and if it is in ANY WAY reversable to the point where I can grow again. I hope so, because this is really bothering me now.

Taking medicines MAY have side-effects.

Stop worrying about your health
Enjoy your life

First, there's a few things to consider. Because you stopped growing at or around the time of puberty, it sounds to me like a growth hormone deficiency. Or possibly Turner's Syndrome. The only real way to tell is by a doctor and then a specialist in endocrinology. Worst case, you'll be short. Hope you get it checked out, as Turner's and Growth Hormone Deficiencies have some side-effects.

Or you could have just gotten the short genes. Tall parents can certainly produce short kids and vice-versa. I am 5'2" and stopped growing at age 10. In second grade I was the tallest kid in the class. The only drugs I had were the very occasional dose of aspirin or caffiene. I'd have loved to be taller, but you take what you can get! There are far worse things in life than being a little short.

I too, have very tall parents (Mom 5'10", Dad 6'0", younger brother 6'4") I am 5'2". I have to stand on a stool for family pics!! Brutal! LOL but I was the tallest in my class until about grade 6 and then I just stopped growing, maybe an inch or so since then. I guess it's just little r, little r (recessive genes) Oh well. Bet ya we got the looks though! :-)

I too, have very tall parents (Mom 5'10", Dad 6'0", only brother 6'4") I am 5'2". I have to stand on a stool for family pics!! Brutal! LOL but I was the tallest in my class until about grade 6 and then I just stopped growing, maybe an inch or so since then. I guess it's just little r, little r (recessive genes) Oh well. Bet ya we got the looks though! :-)

By any chance did you take any kind of steroid while in your childhood?it's proven to stunt growth,i'm not sure if there is anything to reverse the effects of steroids,

I didn't really grow anymore after I hit puberty at age 10 almost 11. I'm 17 almost 18 now and I'm barely 5' tall. I'm also pretty skinny weighing only 93 pounds, so I look a lot longer than I am, despite the black circles around my eyes lol.

Ok well my mom is 5'8 and my dad is 6'2 and I'm am 5'5. I always hated how tall I was. I would cry at night fearing when I'm older I wouldn't be able to wear high heels!! I really hope I stop growing because I have almost always been the tallest person in my class. And I really hate it.

HOw old are you now? Are you still growing? Usually people end up between the height of their mother and their father with some exceptions falling between being shorter than both or taller than both. Let mek now, okay?

Dang, I stopped growing too. I am a male and 15. And I am 5 ft 1 and a half.

Better to be short if you're a girl though. Shorter girls are more likely to be married than taller ones.

@ Guest: "Ok well my mom is 5'8 and my dad is 6'2 and I'm am 5'5. I always hated how tall I was. I would cry at night fearing when I'm older I wouldn't be able to wear high heels!! I really hope I stop growing because I have almost always been the tallest person in my class. And I really hate it."

You are delusional. 5'5" is the average height for women. A woman can't even consider herself "tall" unless she is over 5'7". What would you consider me, then? I'm 5'9" and I'm a fourteen-year-old girl! My Mom is 5'7" and my Dad is 5'10". My twin sister is 5'2"!!! I flipping HATE it and I hope I stop growing soon!

i beleive someone mentioned tall parents short kids and vice versa
I myself am almost done growing at 14, I'm 6' 4'' while my mom and dad are 5' 8'' and 5' 11'' respectively....and  I drink ALOT of coffee. again I'd bet it's just genetics.

Trust me (I don't know your name) I am an 11 year old girls and I am 5'4 I feel like I am too tall. Most of my friends will be about your height. God made you how u should and he did it for a reason.

there you go good job you 11 i wonder how smart youll be when you grow up ....{~.~}