I am doing my science fair project on caffeine's affect on planaria, and i was wondering if you guys could tell me if caffeine actually stunts human growth also. my mom has always told me that i shouldn't drink coffee if i wanted to get any taller (i'm a mere 5'2") but i never listened to her.
thanks, liz.

Its almsot a year later but still...

Caffeine (mainly used for coffee) has no evidence of stunting growth. There are many people who are tall and drink it. It seems to have good side effects as long as you dont drink too much (1-2 cups a day is good), it can improve your alertness and attitude. It can reduce the risks to a few serious diseases however, if you drink too much (like 5-8) then it can cause depression, insomia and other disorders.

Hope it helped even though your post is a year old

There are studies that show where fetal growth is effected
negatively by caffiene. This is a good control group,
because we know what size the fetus should be at
certain stages. Although tall people do drink
caffiene, this is not a good control group to use,
because it can not be certain with genetics and
other nutritional circumstances, how tall the
person was actually capable of being.

hi I'm Jordan. I'm 6'5 and i'm fifteen almost sixteen. I'm just wondering would I grow anymore and if I do to what height? I don't wanna grow anymore :-(

Since you are only 15 & 6''5 you as a boy will stop growing @ 18-20 & you might stop @ 18 you'll be about 6''9 very very tall but dnt worry cause im 15 also & im 5''9 all my friends are tall & we HATE short boys even models i wish my boyfriends were ur height i'd kill to date a boy as tall as you. If u really wanna stop growing their are 2 options smoking & caffine, DONT smoke it will stunt ur growth but it will kill u instantly but not as fast as an overdose of caffine. Wanna know how i know? i've been 5''9 since i was 13, it was my dad who told me coffe, coke-cocola, cigarrets, etc. can Stop-And-Kill. & he used to smoke & drink coffe @ a young age. Now hes the shortest one in his family &hes miserable, lack of sleep can too but that kills over time. Choose 1 not all love ur height as much as i do.

:D Hope this helped jordan lift some weight stunts growth but will never hurt ur immune system if theres anything else email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
GOOD LUCK! :)

I don't care it's almost a year later,  ***this post is edited by moderator *** ***
inappropriate posting***
Please read our Terms of Use

smoking doesn't kill you instantly; in fact there people smoking from the age of 11-60+ MORE THEN 59 YEARS THAT AREN'T DEAD,now i am not saying smoking is healthy in any way I'm just saying that it's annoying when people who know nothing about a topic act like they took a class and got a PHD in whichever category it's in from an ivy league school,anyways there is no scientific studies proving that caffeine will stunt your growth, now next time you post people things that can change there day think if you actually KNOW about what your saying.

Quote:

NaScArA wrote:

Please read our Terms of Use
GOOD LUCK! :)

I don't care it's almost a year later,  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

You do realize she said she was 13..? 

why wouldn you want to stop growing. if your in sports that would be sweet!!!!!

Hi I'm a male I'm just turned 15 and I'm only 5'3 will I grow any more? If so how tall you think I will grow

Wow, thats tall... I'm 13 and i'm 5'9!

hi i am 6'5 and i just turned 16 and my dad is 6'8 and my mom is 5'8. How tall could i possibly end up? I weigh 195