i am 17 years old i am already 6.0 ft tall i dont want to grow much more taller . what should i do ....

It is nicer to be tall than to be short. Statistics show that tall people make more money and have a better sex life than short people. So don't feel bad about it.

In addition to what hoseclamps has said, there is really nothing you can do. You're 17 and you are growing. It's in your genes. You'll stop when you stop.

Out of curiosity, why do you not want to be taller?

I know where you're coming from.
I'm only 15 and I'm already 6 ft tall.

I feel insecure around my peers cause they all are shorter than me, but then they remind me that they love my height and envy me.

Just remember that what you might see as your flaw might be someone else's dream.

Keep your head up and STAND TALL!

What a poetic answer! Good job.

I'm 14 and 6 ft 2. I really am starting to almost worry about my height, is there anything that a doctor could give you to stop growing? Or any other ideas?

I'm 14 and 6ft 2. I really am starting to worry, i was hoping to be this tall when i had FINISHED growing! Is there anything the doctor could give me? Or any other things that could help me?

well jordan,

it may be that you are already about done growing. when did you start puberty. how much pubic and underarm hair do you have. do you shave your face at all yet. to you have any abdominal or chest hair. people start growing at all different ages. when did you have your growth spurt(s) how many have you had.

thanks

I started puberty around the age of 12 i think? And yes i do but no chest hair. Over the last year i have grown around 2 inches! So i have had quite large growth spurts. May i not grow much more then?

if youve grown that much already i bet you probably wont grow that much more. its hard to say. how tall is your dad mom, grandpa. do you have any other siblings? how tall are they?
so you have armpit hair and abdominal hair and you shave but no chest hair correct?

thanks

My dad is 6 ft 4, and yes thats correct.

Thanks

hey jordan,

yea i would say your about done!!!! you'll probably get a little taller, possibly about your dads hight or slightly taller.

its really hard to tell.

but remember being tall isnt bad and like others said many people would LOVE to be tall.
there is nothing you can do to stop growing its in your genes.

enjoy yourself how you are 8)
if you have any more questions just ask

I'm 5'2 1/2 and yes the half counts. But tall is good I wish I was taller I feel like a midget and my son is short too. lol

hey mate dont bag out short people.

its better being short becoase you can punch people in the balls really hard specialy people like you

I'm 13, turning 14 in September, and I'm 5'2". I'm taller than a lot of people in my grade, but still haven't "shot up" as most adults say.. I really don't want to be taller. people say I wont because I refuse to drink milk or carrots, but I'm still hoping I wont get taller.