I want to know if running or anything like it increases height. If so, how fast and how long should I be running, also how much? I am 16 and 5'6. I weigh 150lbs and I want to grow taller. Please help.

Hi Lean,

No, running won't help you grow taller.  It's all in your DNA.

You should still be growing for another couple of years.  

Thanks Dan. But I heard that if u run for five miles with ankle weights it will help rip your muscle tissue causing your legs get longer. Was that a lie then?

Yes it's a lie.

Even if the muscles rip, which is how you get stronger anyways, the bones won't grow anymore.

How tall do u think I'll be when I stop growing if I grow anymore? Like I started eating healthy, I drink alot of milk more than three times a day, I excercise, workout and sleep well.

I can't say Lean.

Your mom should have an idea. Usually when you are born they can calculate your approximate height when grown.

Are your parents, siblings tall?

My mom is 5'1 and my dad is 5'8. But my mothers side of the family are tall. All her brothers were 5'10 or taller. My sister is 5'2 and my brother is my height. He's also 16.

You can probably expect another inch or two anyways.

You should keep growing for a while.

Keep eating healthy and getting regular exercise. It will help.

Thanks so much. This help me alot.

hello lean this is andy and i want to say that u can grow toller only thing is u gotta belief yourself, the only thing which is hinder your height is your over thinking on whether u will grow taller or not. i can give u an example of no. 1 runner bolt and he is the tallest racer even all racers are usually tall or having normal height of near 6 foot u just got to belief yourself that's it.( people who  telling u, "u can't" probably the people who think that u can. don't listen to them):-D

You are wrong. When you run, you will cause microfractures to your ankle which will cause you let to get longer -.-

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

search agniveer height increase on web

shshantanuhey ! my name is shanu and i am 15 years .... u know that i have increased my height by 2 inches... in one day u should take 6 rounds of a park... you will se that ur height is 5,8... you will have to decrease ur weight also because heavy weght cause a barrier in increasing height....

Hi lean...Running really works very effectively ...thats wat i can say by my experience..i am 23 and 183cm..my mom is 153 and dad is 170cm...at 15 ...i stopped growing at 168cm and i was very worried and tensed same like as you..then someone tolds me that running works ..and that time i was desperetaly searching for some solution and hence i blindly believe him and starts running...with in 2 months i reached 5kms in 23 minutes and from then to present day ...i can forget to breathe but i cant gap in 5km running at 5am daily..its a very good habit...focus ur protien intake sharply its must for such hard work ...it should be 100 grams..i dint know science but i know one thing ...jst look at any athelete ...any swimmer...any sportsman less than 6...killer workout and healthy diet is very necessary for the complete growth of body ...and 2nd thing many intellegent peoples here are saying that height depends onDNA ..i jst want to say...DNA can be changed by willpower..we have became human from apes...we have improved and we will improve...the most important thing ....i fell i ak still growing ..believe in youself

Yeh..
Thanx buddy.. U motivated me greatly.. Now i will make a habit of giod running n surely increase my hieght..