Am considering my baby's first birthday party.......and I can't figure out whether to make it at home or elsewhere?

I'm planning to invite both people with children and other adult friends who are still party people!

Any idea on how to combine these two groups?

This party is for your baby's birthday so I feel that all activities should be focused on your baby and the other children.
The adults can have their party time after they leave.
I don't think it will really matter if you have the party at home or somewhere else just make sure if you decide to have it elsewhere that there are plenty of activities to keep the children busy.
Oh by the way.....ENJOY! my baby is now 25 and I must say I enjoyed every one of her birthday parties.

Your Baby Isnt Really Going To Remember The Party So I Wouldnt Waste Alot Of Money To Go Somewhere, We Went To Chuck E Cheese For My Nephews 1st Birthday And We Relized it Was A Really Big Mistake. Haha. Now He Is Three And We Had His Birthday Party At Our House And He Was Very Happy.

As For The Grown Ups, I Think You Should Wait To Have A Big Kids Party.
Its Your Baby's Birthday...Its All About Him/Her. :-D

Thanks guys! I was thinking of having the kids in the afternoon and then the adults later at night (at our home) whereas the baby would then had a sleepover at the grandparent's so the adults could hang out a bit :-)

I'm using this opportunity to have some good time with my friends too who I rarely see nowadays due to so many obligations.

If we rent a place, I reckon everybody will just come, eat, have a juice or two and leave, which is not what I had in mind. I thought of separating these two groups, so we (both groups) can actually have some quality time if possible.