tonight.

They painted the basement today, and the mrs. said the house is extra fumey...so we're taking the whole darn family to Applebees, and burning up a gift card we got when the baby was born.

Any suggestions for a menu selection?
(you have 10 mins before I leave)

I am partial to the Philly Cheese Steak wrap

My meal of choice there is 2-3 Brewtus of Sam Adams, onion peels, and the orange chicken skillet. Yum.

My kids love it there. If there's a birthday party going on, the staff will sing this song:

Happy happy birthday
From Applebee's to you
We wish it was our birthday
So we could party too

(Showing real restraint, I haven't corrected anyone yet about the misuse of the subjunctive there, and I don't plan to.)

i think they have a steak and shrimp special going on right now.

my vote goes there.

:digs into the grammar files in the back of head to remember what a subjunctive is:
:realizes knowledge of a subjunctive and its use was replaced with New Kids On the Block lyrics in 1990-91:
:realizes she hasn't been to applebees since around the same era:
:decides to move on to a new thread:

It should be "were" instead of "was" when the action isn't definite. When sentences begin with things like "I wish" or "if" the subjunctive is proper. Almost no one uses this anymore, but once an editor, always an editor.

Several hours and several dollars short.

DON'T GO! Save yourself now!

However...if you must choose SOMETHING from the menu...Coffee and the Blondie (sorry "the blondie" is not your waitress).

:decides to move on to a new thread:

Thank you. I am not the only anal-retentive editor type here.