I have heard there are many doctors that ask parents not to bring poop samples into their office. That is why I wonder if there could be enough information from phone or online diagnosis. If I should not bring to my baby’s doctor full diaper, can you give me some answers like this? My baby has pallet like stools and strange bowel movements. Can you tell me anything about this; could it be normal or I should report pallet stools and different bowel movements to his doctor?

There is a wide variety of color and consistency of bowel movements at baby. A change of pattern can throw the most confident mom for a loop, and can confuse sometimes and experienced pediatrician. Babies can have blood in their stool often and it virtually never is the sign of serious illness. Anyway, this is something that most mothers are afraid. We should not be any more surprised to see a variety of bowel movements in our babies than we would in anyone else. In breastfed babies, the mom's diet can affect the color or consistency of a baby's stools. Particularly, that happens if the baby is showing an allergic reaction to a certain food or food group. Hard, pellet - like, stool or presence of blood or mucous is constipation in a breastfed baby and is very rare. I think it could be related to a food allergy. Formula fed babies are constipated much more often and may even have harder bigger stools like older kids and adults, which might explain his strange bowel movements and pallet like stools. I would anyway recommend you to report this pallet stool to his pediatrician, just to be sure there is nothing wrong with your baby.