Hi, is it better to be stay at home mom until the child is at least three years old or to go to work after first birthday?

Hi, I had no experience taking care of children, when I heard I was about to have twins. Since I have already devoted a lot of time and energy to my career, I thought it would be better to be professional stay-at-home mom. A few years ago I couldn’t even imagine that I would choose such a life. It takes a lot of energy to maintain a household and raise two energetic boys. And I want to watch my children grow up, not to be absent and on duty all the time. I have learned to cook, maid, pay visits to doctor, and attend parent counseling.

I have been a Stay Home Mom for pretty much the last 4 years. When i got pregnant I knew I wanted to stay home for atleast the first year to watch my baby grow. I did stay home until he was 18 months then decided I really had to work we needed the money. Got pregnant again and that son is 2 years old and I still haven't returned to work yet. I love being home with the boys and for me it was an option to stay home with them. I do plan to go back to work soon though but I know for me it was a matter of not wanting someone else raising my children deciding what they eat and do all day. I didn't want to pay someone to raise them so I stayed home with them. Also daycare is expensive and for the average person it could take an entire paycheck just to pay for care for one child let alone two. Some parents want to be home with their kids (I say parents because more and more days are staying home these days) and others just find it easier to work, they just aren't cut out for being with kids 24/7. I know my mom is great with kids but she returned to work when I was 6 months old just to be with adults. My grandma though is the type to be home with kids all day. I always tell people that if they are thinking about it then try it, if you don't like being home all the time then go back to work. My best friend didn't think she would like being home all the time but when she had to go back to work she dreaded it and kept putting it off and she never even wanted kids at first, now she can't wait to have another. But I don't think age really matters. Some parents wait until their children are 1 because they feel they are safer at that age (away from the SIDS age), some wait until 2 because they are more able to do things, some wait until they are 3 and pottytrained and able to go to preschool and some wait until their kids are in kindergarten, then you have parents that stay home permenantly and just become homemakers.