Hi, I am 29 years old and I have just delivered a beautiful baby boy to this world. He looks so fragile and small, I sometimes feel afraid to even hold him in my arms. I must admit that I do not know much about raising a kid but I am a quick learner, so I will manage somehow. One thing makes me think, how many teeth should my baby boy have for his first birthday?

This is something you do not have to worry much about. I mean, range of baby teeth growing period is very wide. His first tooth might grow after only a month and it might come after 18 months! And you should know that it is a bit painful process for babies, so he could be nervous, he could cry, but that is considered normal.

Hi there,

Well it is little hard to say how much teeth should your baby have after twelve month because not every baby starts growing teeth at the same time. You have to understand that this is totally individual when it comes to babies. Some will have up to eight or ten teeth in their mouth and some will be satisfied to have two or three teeth in their mouth. The important thing is that your baby is healthy and that there are not problems with the mouth, like swelling or similar. Have you had any problems during the delivery? Your baby will be fine and you don’t have to worry about teeth tight now.

Best wishes,

Marco