All these birthdays have me thinking: Do you have birthday parties? (for you, not kids) If you do, do you plan it or does someone else plan it? If you plan it, is that really obnoxious? Or smart thinking because you get to do what you want? Or do you just crawl under the covers, let the day pass and hope no one notices...?

My wife is nut for traditions like that, so the answer is --- YES.

Growing up they stopped when I was about 12 along with Valentines Day and trick or treat. I always thought Valentines Day was a kids thing until I got married and the first one went by without me doing anything. WOW was I in sh!tsville. Haven't missed one since!!!! We stopped exchanging those after the fourth grade, then I was informed of the realities of life.

I haven't had a birthday party since I was in college when my roomies surprised me. It would be kind of fun for someone to make a fuss over me on my birthday if only because it's not the norm.

A party where a bunch of friends came over? Never had one. :(

The plan this year is to stay up til midnight the night before my birthday, go to the liquor store, then the casino. Then on my birthday... it depends on the situation at the time.

the last "party" i had was when i turned 21. it wasnt really a party, more like a buch of went to dinner and sat around not knowing what else to do since no one else was of age...

Nope no parties for me just the in-laws are coming over tomorrow and the wife and kiddies are taking me to the movies on sunday,
Scooby Doo 2!!!! (The kids picked the movie)

Chris gave me a small party on my 35th birthday otherwise it is always just a family thing. Cake Presents and then hang out.

Last birthday party for me(us) was a 30th.

I suspect there will be another one in 4 years when I(we) reach the 40's

Many years ago my wife and I went out for our usual dinner on Saturday night. Later in the lounge after dinner they brought in a big birthday cake for the head chef with a naked lady made of frosting on the top lying on her back spread eagle and anatomically correct with big boobs, obviously made to look like his wife who was also there. She was one of only two women I know with large boobs that don't sag when unsupported.

Always have had birthday parties with my family (until we moved to Charlotte), but nothing like a party party since I was 21.