Hi, I am 19 years old and I want to have a baby. Am I too young? My boyfriend is 25 and has a job and flat of his own.

Hi, don’t you wish to go the college? Stay whole night on parties with your friends? Travel in the summertime? If you choose to have a child now you will never again have chance to be free and without responsibility for another being. Once you get a baby, it requires a lot of devotion, you will take care of it 24 hours a day. Another question is do you have financial back up for having children. Do you two have constant income? It is wise to have some money on account a flat an then get a baby.

Totally agree with the above !

Yea man, having fun is important at our teenage years. Having a baby means
you want to start a family of your own. It requires rigorous mulling over this
matter. If you manage to earn and live on your own and you are able to
sustain the pain of a financial breakdown, then I supposed you are eligible
to get started. :-D Do take note you have to really take up lots of
responsibilities when you are a parent.

All right, all the best to you. I hope you would make the best choise of
your own. 8)

From,
Chris.

try getting up every 2 houres every night for a week then imagine doing that for the next year and see if you want a baby.

are u nuts having a baby at ur age is the worst especially if u don't have money.I suggest have safe sex.And if u do get pregnant put the baby up for adoption not abortion

I am 20 and i have a 2 1/2 years old little girl. she is my world. and if you did the math i got pregnant when i was 16 had her when i was 17. i dont regret one day. You do have a lot of resposabilities. But i think it is worth it. And you dont get to go out and party all night long like you would if you didnt have the baby. But having a baby is a party all on its own. I still go out on weekedns sometimes and leave my daughter with her grandma. There are ways you can still have fun with your friends and have a baby too. Im not trying to encourage you to have a baby. Im just trying to show you that you can have a baby and a life at the same time. Ohh yeah and i do have a job. and my boyfriend does too. so we are doing pretty good!!

Are u nuts? You have your whole life ahead of you! Go out and have fun! get drunk! Go party! do what you're supposed to do at 19! You're only young once! Don't waste it! They will be plenty of time later on for babies.

why do all these comments suggest that just because you are a teenager you have to go out and get drunk? that just simply isnt true and there are teenagers out there who would love to have families and their own houses and see that as an achievement instead of spewing up on the pavement every saturday night. i think that if u believe you are in a steady position and can support a baby then there is no reason why you shouldnt enjoy this wonderful addition to your life.

Dont listen to these people, or even me. All that matters is how you feel about having a child. Can you handle it? Can you love him/her and give them everything they need? The worst decision you could ever have is to give that baby up. Make it your world. Make it your party your passion and your life. I'm 18 and engaged to a man that is 23. I want a baby within the next year because I want to experience life with a baby at a young age. I've got plenty of years after my child is grown up to experience life differently. Besides, in 18-20 yrs I know I will be financially stable to do just about anything that I could possible want to do. My mom was 15 when she got pregnant with my oldest brother. She will be the first to say that it didnt ruin her life. She is who she is today because of that wonderful experience. Its your decision, your life. Do what you want with it. Its all gonna come down to you in the end. Good luck with whatever you decide. God bless!

Hi, I noticed that you have a boyfriend, but you're not married. Don't worry, I'm not talking about "morals" as I know many who were not married when they conceived (me included - my biological clock was ticking and I wasn't waiting for any certificate!).

imho, I would suggest you consider how this will affect your child. Are you ready to marry your boyfriend? If you want to marry him, is it just because you want a child, or do you want to marry your boyfriend because you love him?

I'm 47 years old and had my child at 35 (probably sounds very old to you but it didn't feel old to me!) ;-)

The thing is, I got divorced and the divorce is hard on all of us - my son, my ex-husband, and me. It's difficult financially and emotionally.

Just remember, you do have plenty of time to have a child and the years go by so quickly!

My opinion is that you should take some time to learn to take care of yourself before you take on the big responsibility of taking care of someone else. I wish I had been better at making money before I had a baby, but then, by 34, you don't have a lot of time left, so I'm glad I had my son - he's the light of my life!

But you do have plenty of time. Be sure you have built up your own strength and can take care of yourself. Be careful that you are not stuck in a difficult marriage because you cannot support yourself financially - and with a child it is much harder because someone must take care of the child if you have a job and child care is expensive.

Most important, be sure that you can offer the child what he or she needs. Don[t want a baby for what he/she can give you but for what you can give him/her. Babies are so wonderful and precious! You will have one soon enough!

I hope this is helpful.

Namaste,

Janet

I agree with everyones comments. It is a blessing but you do also miss out on things. I think the fact that youre asking if youre too young is a sign that you arent ready. You shouldn't have to ask if its okay. I say go do what you need for yourself... do EVERYTHING youve ever dreamed and then have a baby.. That you can share your wonderful experiences with and will cherish just as much then as you would now.. :-) But its up to you!

at 19, having a baby is physically a good idea. If you leave having a baby until your 30s then your body does not recover from pregnancy as well as if you're early 20s.

HOwever, at your age it;s very unlikely you will have a huge store in the bank. A baby is a huge strain on your wallet, especilaly if you're not working for 3 months after he/she is born. This can lead to debt etc and can put you in a very difficult position later in life.

Another point to consider is your relationship with your boyfriend. Is it a stable relationship? The fact that he has a flat cannot be a deciding factor in whether you have a baby or not (i'm sure it isn't, but just in case).

Do n't forget, it's not a ll fun and games. Kids are a nightmare, and will bring equal ammounts of happiness and frustration. As well as sleepless nights. Tantrums. Gawd, i can't believe my parents ever put up with me.

I am also 19 and i really want a baby amd i believe age doesnt matter as long as your good parents and not so young you cant handle it thats all that should matter. Iv seen some teenage parents that are better parents than some middle aged ones. Just do what you think is right :-)

I am 17 and I am dying for a baby and so is my boyfriend we always watch his little brother and cousions they can be a pain I know that but they bring us so much joy we love kids and spend alot of time with kids. the only thing that is truly stopping me is I dont want my family to turn against me and I want to go out in the medical filed and if I have a baby I dont know if I could do it and my boyfriend is going to be utending Snow collage so plz I need some advice... %-)