Hi, I am a first time pill user. I was supposed to start my period on Saturday but had some bleeding on Friday so assumed that my period had started a day early and I started taking the pill. However, on the rest of Friday and Saturday, there was only some spotting and my full flow did not start till Sunday morning. It is Wednesday today and the flow is still quite heavy. If I did start my period on Friday, it should have finished by now.
I am a bit worried. Is this normal? There cannot be a possibility that I am pregnant because my boyfriend and I had sex only a couple of times before and we used a condom and there was no breakage.

I am still taking the pill. Have I messed up the schedule for the pill if I took it a day too early? Is the pill still effective and is it still safe to have sex with my boyfriend?

Please help!!