Hi, I have read many comments which suggest not using dichloacetate because it may be very dangerous for someone's health. On the other side there are people who are ready to take risks if this drug may cure them from cancer. I would like to know what damages may occur if someone decide to use dicholracetate as cancer treatment.

Hi, in this moment it is impossible to say what damages exactly may happen to the people who decide to use DCA as treatment against cancer. Reason for this is that dichoracetate has never been tested as anti cancer drug but only as medication for some rare metabolic disease. Also it’s bee used on animals for their cancers and caused paralysis, death and testicular shrinkage. As metabolic medication DCA causes numbness, pain and gait disturbance.

scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=dichloroacetate+AND+human+-skeletal&btnG=Search
scholar.google.com/scholar?q=dichloroacetate+AND+human+AND+treatment+-lactic&hl=en&lr=&start=0&sa=N

DCA has been through many trials on many humans; DCA has also been a treatment for much more than rare metabolic disorders.
Chemotherapy is a much worse cancer treatment.
People should be able to talk to their physician about treatment choices & DCA should be an option.

thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/843612348

Petition to: Fund research into the anti-cancer properties of DCA (dichloroacetate)
The research of Evangelos Mickelakis of the University of Alberta (expanding on the work of Otto Warburg in 1930) has shown that the compound DCA shows vast promise as a pan-cancer treatment as it reactivates mitochondrial energy production in cells, causing mutated cells (ie cancers) to self destruct. However no clinical trials are being run on this potential treatment as no patent exists to entice the interest of big pharma. I believe that our government should show the lead in funding the required clinical trials.

Target: Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada, Conservative Party of Canada
Sponsor: Jeff Galloway, dichloroacetate.org

DCA is an organic compound, and a byproduct of TCE (trichloroethylene), a chemical that has been a concern in the development of cancer. In January 2007, researchers at the University of Alberta published a study in the journal Cancer Cell suggesting that DCA showed promise in shrinking tumors in lab rats as well as inhibiting growth of cultured human cancer cells. They hypothesized that DCA may be able to change cancer cells back to normal ones by switching them from the aberrant energy pathways they rely on to those used by normal cells.

The most important thing you should know about DCA is that it hasn't yet been tested in humans, and we don't even know if it is safe, much less effective as a cancer treatment. Despite all the hype and the researchers' assertions that DCA may be able to make an easy transition from the laboratory to the clinic, I'm skeptical. In his blog on the subject, Len Lichtenfeld, M.D., deputy chief medical officer of the American Cancer Society, notes that, "Nothing in translation from the (lab) bench to the bedside is easy." Dr. Lichtenfeld also points out that although reports about DCA have claimed that it is safe, that is not really the case. It has been shown to have potentially dangerous side effects when used for other non-cancer-related conditions. In fact, when added to drinking water, DCA caused liver cancer in laboratory mice.

HI I WILL LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS DCA, MY DAD HAVE CANCER AND HIS DOCTOR ARE GIVING UP ON HIM, I WISH TO KNOW A LITTER BIT MORE OR HOW TO BUY IT. AND IF IS SAFE NOW. IS 2009 AND ANY UPDATES OS THIS DCA IS COMING UP..

PLEASE I NEED MORE INFORMATION

THANKS

I don't think it's widely available yet, but don't fret, look up MMS and Colloidal Silver on you tube. Your dad will be fine.

Guest wrote:

PLEASE I NEED MORE INFORMATION

THANKS

DCA is working for me over the last seven months. Two CT scans with reduced metastatic colon cancer lung tumors and the last CT scan last week with no growth. My CEA levels for these three scans were 6,6,13.

I do have neuropathy and that may cause me to stop taking DCA in the future. I feel fine and have no symptoms. DCA is not a cure yet. Combined with other drugs it may be in the future. See this announcement yesterday.

They combine DCA with Cisplatin to form Mitaplatin which sounds like it MAY be a delivery system since they talk of much lower doses having greater results.

Guest wrote:

PLEASE I NEED MORE INFORMATION

THANKS

I have used DCA since April. Had two CT scans with major tumor shrinkage (metastatic colon cancer in the lung) and the last showed no growth. My CEA's have been 6,6 and 13 for the same time frame. I am now trying to match dosage and everything to my last most successful scan to see if I can duplicate the results I had then in the next scan.

Dosage has been a mix of 1 or 2 gm per day with weeks off at a time to combat neuropathy. Also use lots of Vitamin B 1,6 and 12 and Alpha Lopoic Acid. Otherwise I feel fine and have no symptoms.

robmxa wrote:

Guest wrote:

PLEASE I NEED MORE INFORMATION

THANKS

Do you mind to tell where you got this DCA? thanks!

blayne wrote:

Here is the University of Alberta website on the study of TCA in cancer:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Do you know where to buy DCA I have a prescription from my Doctor but I can find a pharmacy who got the product?

My opinion is they don't want to cure cancer it would be a big blow to the health care and cancer foundation if they cured it. It would put people out of work and they would have noway to makeup the loss of billions that they make by not curing just treating it gives them job security.

Guest1 wrote:

So true. If they could patent that cure for cancer, they would. Then lock that in a secret vault so no one can use it and continue to make $ from producing treatment drugs