Recently I have experienced burning, tingling and sharp pain in both feet. I experience extreme pain on the balls on my feet and sharp pains in the heels of my feet when I walk. What do you think it is and do you think I should consult a podiatrist or an orthopedic specialist? Thank you.

Look up Neuropathy for those with tingling, burning sensation in feet and hands, etc.

I too have burning, tingling feet and they are painful. I was tested for diabetus it was negative, had an x-ray, it too was negative, Had an MRI because dr. thought hernniated disc in back. no herniated disc, but there was some narrowing of something, still no solutions for my feet, so i am seeking pain management, was prescribed percocet and motrin, still no relief. This is ruinnig my life, i come home from work, i am a waitress and take a nuerontin and more pain meds, still no relief, spend the night with my feet up in recliner, crying, just want to cut my feet off and be done with it. I'll reply to more when i no more, just surviving now.

happened last year. lasted for a few days. forgot all about it until last night.
quick, random, sharp, dagger hot, pointed shots of unbearable pain out the side of my right foot. like a stabbing hot knife or electric shock without warning. lasts for 5-15 seconds and subsides. returns every 30 seconds or 5 minutes or an hour.

I had that also and could not figure it out. I take glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM for osteoarthritis but had forgotten my pills at the office. As soon as I took one the pain went away, so it seems it is somehow tied to arthritis, which I have had since my 30's. Try it - it works great and I have had neuropathy before so I knew it was a little different this time, being the feet only. Good luck.

Oh, this is almost exactly what is happening to me! I am neg for diabetes, neg MRI, said to be neg for Rh Ar. I do not work. I already take pain med + 1800mg Neurontin (for cranial nerve X damage, mutilated, 60% removed, 15 years ago), 150mg Lyrica(was suppose to help my feet). Seems staying off of them is the best medicine, but still have numb feeling, something wadded up under them feeling. I know exactly what you mean by just cutting them off. I had surgery for a Morton's neuroma on one foot with pathology as definite neuroma. It did not work. The doctor went in again in a year to be sure nothing was left (though he knew he got it all) or that there was not a stump neuroma. There was nothing left in there, but it did show some type of crystal like substance and had a little nerve fiber stuck to the bone. Have had injections with some, but little relief. I have been to the Spine Institute in Shreveport, LA where they said to come back and they could do surgery to release the tendons in the bottom of the foot (ouch, I don't think so) whenever I decided I wanted to. This does not even address the other foot being involved with the same thing other than the neuroma. What the heck is going on!!???!!

Dearest justmeandbre
when I read your case and all treathment you did I see myself in you the only difference is that I live in Iran , but I might have good news for you :

1- have you ever try wsn nerve suport formul ? a nutral product which seems it works. Check this :

What are the benefits?
Numerous studies have shown the benefits of using Benfotiamine and Methyl B12. Below are excerpts from some of the Benfotiamine studies:
"A significant improvement in most of the parameters [a limit or boundary which defines the scope of a process or activity] studied appeared already at the 3rd week of therapy. The greatest change occurred in the group of patients receiving the high dose of benfotiamine."
"It is quite clear that benfotiamine is absorbed much better than water-soluble thiamine salts: maximum plasma [the clear yellowish fluid of blood, not containing blood cells] levels of thiamine are about 5 times higher after benfotiamine."
"The results of this double-blind investigation, of the long-term observation and of the reports in the literature support the contention [statement] that the neurotropic [affecting nerve tissue] benfotiamine-vitamin B combination represents a starting point in the treatment of diabetic polyneuropathy [neuropathy involving more than one set of nerves]."
And here are some excerpts of the Methyl B12 studies:
"These findings suggest that a high concentration of methylcobalamin in spinal fluid is highly effective and safe for treating the symptoms of diabetic neuropathy."
"Despite intensive searches for therapeutic agents, few substances have been convincingly shown to enhance nerve regeneration in patients with peripheral neuropathies."
"Ultra-high dose methylcobalamine promotes nerve regeneration."
"These findings indicate that methyl-B12 promotes regeneration of degenerating nerve terminals."
A Winning Combination
The WSN® Nerve Support Formula is an exact combination of Benfotiamine and Methyl B12 that is specifically designed for the needs of those suffering from or at risk for peripheral neuropathy. Order your bottle today and begin to provide your body the nutritional support it needs, in the dosages it needs, so that your body (a self repairing machine) can begin to heal itself. This unique combination of nutrients is not yet available from any other source.
No Side Effects
The WSN® Nerve Support Formula is 100% safe, with no side effects, and will not adversely interact with any medications.

2- Nerve pain & burning feet - A Foot pain cream with tea tree oil :

If You Want Relief from Nerve Pain & Burning Feet - Read This...
Foot Pain Cream with Tea Tree Oil is our top-rated product for a reason. Not only does it beat out every other pain relief cream in terms of how much of effective ingredients you get
...but on top of that - our alternative neuropathy treatment actually works for most nerve pain sufferers. Plus if it doesn't work for you, 100% money back guaranteed. That's a total no-brainer for people who suffer from neuropathy. Read more...
Treat diabetic nerve pain, burning feet, neck and shoulder pain and get relief from pain due to various causes. 100% guaranteed to work, It is non-medicinal, safe, effective and without side effects or your money back! No ifs, ands or buts.
Do you suffer from burning feet, legs or hands, often have numbness and tingling in hands or feet? Have you been to every doctor and tried many drugs looking for relief from numb feet or other foot pain? We have the neuropathy treatment that with regular use may give marked relief from nerve pain, relieving foot numbness and burning feet.
I cant find them in Iran but I hope you can
good luck :-)

Hello friend,
Thank you for your information re; foot pain cream with Tea Tree oil. If you have a friend in uk get this from wholesale organic shop called 'ALARA'. phone number: 0207 8371172 /0207 833 8089 & also try at Holland & Barratt in uk. I rang them & was told that I can use Tea Tree oil & WALEDA foot balm for foot pain & to use both together.Cost about £8.03 for Tea Tree oil & Waleda £ 8.50.
I hope this will help,shop would like feedback. Thank you & God Bless!!

You are describing exactly tarsal tunnel syndrome. You should go see an orthopedist.

THIS IS WHAT I is happening to me now...what did you find out was wrong ??

You may have plantar fasciitis or achilles tendonitis. I have both, and the reason underneath is undifferentiated spondyloarthropathy, so you may check spondylitis too. I had this for months and after one oral dose of cortisone all the burning went away. 

This is one of the symptoms of a bartonella infection.  This is especially likely if you have been exposed to cats, fleas or ticks although there are other sources.  A general physician is unlikely to be able to diagnose or treat it.  You need to find a Lyme-literate physician (LLMD) who is experienced with bartonella.  Try googling 'bartonella' and checking out the yahoo bartonella message board for more information.

My daughter and I have been recently diagnosed with this and have the same symptoms.  Treatment is long term (six months to a year) antibiotics (such as Rifampin and Bixian) and additional supplements.

I have the exact same problems and if I find a solution I will write again. I have many issues from being in the Army, and they are all adding up. I am to a point whre my feet need to be fixed or removed because I cannot see living like this much longer. I am not suicidal, but it may be the only kind way to stop the extreme pain. I actually see my VA Doctor tomorrow and if she cannot help, then I will turn to street narcotics and alcohol and see where that leads me. It is almost time to just surrender.

Don't ever go to narcotics and alcohol. I'm trying this WSN pills and on the second week... I think it might be working. It's about 53 bucks a bottle which last a month. Try it. Maybe it will work for you. Don't give up because I'm going through the same thing you are. God bless you and don't every forget he loves you, always! Paul Martin

Someday I hope they figure this out. I'm a guy in my 40's and have exactly the same symptoms, I've been getting worse for 10 years or more. I also have restless legs syndrome and between them I have a very hard time sleeping with out meds.