I saw my doctor 6 weeks ago for a sinus infection with swollen eyelids and swelling under my eyes. I was put on an antiobotic and prednisone. About a week later I felt fine and no swelling. However the swelling returned(I felt fine otherwise). I have been on allegra d and avelox and they did not help. I don't have any other symtoms but have the swelling which I am very depressed about. I am going to see an ENT next week. What do you think can be done about my problem?

I am having the exact same problem, and have been put on almost identical drugs. No doctor has been able to correctly diagnose my problem either.

I had a similar experience back in mid February and my lower eyelids are still swollen, especially on one side. Has there been resolution to your problem?

I am having this same problem. Since yous was almost a year ago I'm hoping you might have a solution for me. Any information you can offer would be great. Thanks

I'm having the same problem since may...someone help

I too had the flu and Mono, took avelox & prednisone, 6 weeks ago. For weeks I had puffy under eyes, now I look like the incredable hulk, I am swollen from the bridge of my nose into each eye about a centimeter and under my eyes like welts. I have been taking Allegra D and Visine-A for the itchy eyes. I think I itch other places too, but I am not sure, in comparison to my face nothing else comes close.

I will try anything. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Sounds like eye allergies. I have cats and when I touch my cats then rub my eye, my eye begins to itch, then within 20 minutes the under part of my eye swells up like someone just punched me! it itches and sometimes burns.

I put cortisone on it for swelling and itch. Thats the best trick I got. Touching it with water or a wet washcloth seems to bother it even more. Dont touch it!

So I actually had similar symptoms too... First it started with the area around my eyes being red and swollen... then it started to dry and flake off. After that I incident I noticed that the area around my face would develop a red rash or dryness and eventually peel off. About two weeks later I developed another episode of the red swollen eyes, except this time I had red rash around my cheek area to accompany it. After slathering generous amounts of lotion and rubbing the skin off, this dryness spread to my entire face. After I took a shower... I attempted to rub the the dry flaky skin off my face (really bad idea), then my face turned deep red, itchy, and swollen. I finally decided to see a doc, she diagnosed me with eczema and mild allergies - prescribed 2.5% hydrocortisone and told me to buy eucerin cream. After using the meds for one day, my face de-swelled, redness gone, and is no longer itchy. The Eucerin cream helped a lot with the dryness(make sure you get cream and not lotion because lotion is alcohol based and may irritate your skin more), my face finally looks back to normal. She basically said that I would be able to manage the eczema as long as I keep my face (especially area around the eyes) moist. So for now, I will stay away from make-up (very sad about that), perfumed lotion, take plenty of vit. B, and keep my face moist. I hope, pray, and cross my fingers that this doesn't happen again. After a month ordeal with this condition I was already at my wits end and completely depressed and stressed and absolutely could not pay in my classes. I really empathize with those who have been dealing with this for months or years! I wish you all the best of luck and keep you updated about how my regiment is going in keeping my condition under control!

my bouts with this problem start with about a week of incredibly itchy irritated eyes - then one morning i wake up with my under eye area swollen up like someone had punched me twice - but no darkness, just pink & VERY swollen, like a qrtr inch off my face. I was put on every allergy drop & medicine - nothing helped. I suffered for weeks. Finally got put on prednisone & that worked. The next time it happened I tried the steroid cream that had been percribed for my hives - it worked. i know steriod cream is not very good for your skin - don't know if a dr would have told me too - but it works. anyone else have that experience?

Okay, I have a diagnosis, an answer! I have been suffering with the EXACT same symptoms for 7 years. Reading all these posts has been like reading my diary. I've been to 14 doctors, had skin biopsies, been on pred and other evil meds. It always came back. I had a 18 month reprieve but the red and swollen eyes came back about 6 weeks ago and I was devastated. I read somewhere this week that an opthamologist may have an answer. I went to rheumatologists, allergists, voodoo doctors, countless dermatologists and no one ever suggested an eye doctor. It never occurred to me because my eyes were fine, not itchy, etc. It was the SKIN that was the problem, I thought. This morning I went to an eye doc. And he said I had textbook "floppy eyelid syndrome". I thought he was joking. No. It's a real syndrome and the swollen, red, eyelids and under eye areas is the exact symptoms. He simply looked at my eyes under his machine and flipped my eyelids. Apparently, they flip very easily which is the problem. And, he asked me if I sleep on my stomach. Yes, I do! So here's the deal...when you sleep on your stomach and have "floppy eyelids" your eyes are probably staying open partially while sleeping. So, the fabric, allergins, etc. are entering the eye at night. That's why one eye was always worse for me. That's the side I most often sleep on! He prescribed a steroid eye drop. Just one drop a day only and some over the counter GenTeal - a gel eye lubricant. He told me to try to change to sleep on my back but if I couldn't (I know I can't, I've tried) then to sleep with swim goggles on. I bought them on the way home. He said it would take a couple of weeks to notice a big change but within a month all the red and swelling should be gone! I Googled "Droopy Eyelid Syndrome" when I got home and it is a true thing. It just sounds so ridiculous. I am a thin woman and this syndrome is most typically found in overweight men. Anyway, I will post my results positive or negative here when I have them. I'm so happy to have a diagnosis. I actually cried in the doctor's office. I had spent countless thousands of dollars over the 7 years all with "we don't know" with the answer. I hope this helps. I know what you all are going through. It sucks and is emotionally horrible. I was homebound for 3 months a few years back. Wish me luck!

I recently noticed the same thing happening to my face. I went to the doctors b/c I wasn't feeling well and b/c the area between my eyes and under my eyes were swollen every morning. My eyes haven't been itchy at all but I still went to the eye doctor to check. She said my eyes are perfectly fine. My PCP put me on an antibiotic Augmentin b/c I also now have strep throat. Yesterday my eyes looked better in the am, but worse today. Does anyone have any clues about this? I'm also still extremely congested in my nose.

I have had what I like to call eczema/seborrheic dermatitis/conjunctiveitis/rosacea/blepharitis since April 2006. My life has been drastically altered by this.
i have seen alllergists, optomologists, dermatologists, and everybody in between.
I was a generally happy person who had to deal with this thing (just that hand I have been deal), but since Sept 08, I have been miserable.
It is here everyday. EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I have enough predisone to put Barry Bonds to shame.
I have every lotion known to man. Tried every allergy pill.
Taken hot showers, cold showers, baby oil baths, used cortisone, even desitin (the baby stuff).
There is nothing I have not tried.

no makeup, no perfume, no lotion other than plain aveeno.
For over three years now.

I gave up on docs for awhile. Between appointments and prescriptions, these idiots were costing me a fortune. And not one of them could help me.
Today this doctor wanted me to take a patch test.
I just looked at him and laughed.
Another one who thinks that his patch test will yield different results than the last guy.

I have decided to give up.
i am literally crying as i write this.

Last year around june i was painting without goggles. (big mistake!) A week or so later I got the worst case of "pink eye" ever i tried explaining to the doc that I don't think it was the usual pinkeye there was something wrong believed that I'd gotten paint in my eyes. He disregarded, my eye was swollen shut for 2wks until it finally went away but was never the same.

I noticed that my eyes would water occasionally for no appearant reason. Now almost a year later the symptoms are worst and very annoying. My eyes are a pinkish color they drain continuously made worst by eye mascara, wind, smells, perfume, smoke, etc. Went to the eye doctor last week and was told that I have eye allergies. I bought the $110 eye drops that have not helped.

I noticed today small welts under my eyes one on both eyes. I'm out of options. I'm praying that it will go away on it's on. Its annoying explaining daily this is not pink eye and I'm not crying!

I had the same problem, It turned out to be Lunesta a perscription medication for sleeping. Problem solved. try to remember what you've changed in your life since your allergy started it's probly something new that your using?

I had the same problem that became worse and worse over a period of months. Finally, I ended up in hospital after waking one morning with my eyes seriously puffy and the skin on the rest of my face burning and swollen. I realised that it was connected with eating tuna fish, which has very high levels of histamine. I stopped eating fish altogether and have not had a problem since. Can be a problem if you go to a restaurant with mostly fish on the menu!