Does anyone else have this pain? I have had pain in my lower abdomen around my ovaries off and on for a week and a half. Tonight i started feeling pain in my rectum. I am able to have a bowel movement but not as often as i usually have. I feel constipated at times and of i try to strain the pain worsens. I have been told that i have a gallstone but have not had it removed yet. i know it does have an effect on bowel movements but i don't understand the pain in the rectum. I have had pain before with my gallbladder but nothing like this. I just wonder if the condition is worsen. If anyone has had these symtons please let me know. Thanks!!!

Gallstones usually hurt in the upper abdomen not down there, so I wouldn’t relate your cramps to the gallstones. I would suggest you saw a doctor because there actually could be a few reasons. My friend has been suffering from the same thing for a few months, she would just suddenly experience sudden sharp cramps in lower abdomen, vaginal area and rectum. It turned out it was some kind of muscle spasm.

There are a few other, more serious causes, like endometriosis, a condition in which the cells that form the uterine lining during menstrual cycle grow on other organs besides the uterus. This condition could be causing abdominal and rectal pains.

The third option includes ulcers in the bowels or rectum, which could get inflamed and need a treatment. Only a doctor could figure out the cause of your cramps.

Hi, I had the same pain, and I'm pretty much sure that you have parasites...go to your Dr. and ask for a parasite stool sample. your pain will go really soon. to help you , yamilet.

I have been undergoing the same lower abdominal pain,along with pain in the rectum when just before the bowels.Initially I thought it had something to do with stomach infection,as I was going more frequently to pass the bowels.I have also had an hysterectomy and the uterus has been removed but the ovaries are still intact,also there is a cyst on the right and left ovaries,so I went for a abdominal ultra sound,but everything is fine on that front.I still do not know the reason,I was taking it lightly but for last 3 to 4 months it has become a monthly thing,I will now consult my physician,and I will let you know- whatever information I have after the visit .
Good luck
Kavita

I am a 30 year old female and had a D & C a week and a half before. Since yesterday, i have been experiencing pain in the rectum as well as my lower abdomen. It is a mild pinching pain and doesn't go away..Is anyone having the same problem? Please reply..
Thanks

I am a 26 year old male with those symptoms I have very strong pains in my lower abdominal area and my rectum I have also been constipated it is very hard and usually some blood I figured the blood was form the size and how hard it is I cant find a patern besides that I am usually sitting?

I have got acid reflux as well as hyper acidity problem,i also get bowel movements,and have alot of pain in rectum and constipation,when i pass stool i feel relieved temporaly from the pain,accodring to my doctor i have parasite which are cause acid reflux as well as these abdominal pains.There are various worms in human body,the whip worms live in the colon,there is a possibility tht u may have parasites,other possibility is that u may have colon ulcer,but nothing is to worry abt,just go and see ur doctor as soon as possible,everything will be fine.

EVERY SO OFTEN COULD BE EVERY FOUR MONTHS TO EVERY TWO MONTH I WILL GET SOME REALLY BAD CRAMPING SOME TIMES ON MY RIGHT SIDE LOWER ABDOMIN WHERE MY OVARIES ARE AND SHARP PAINS IN MY RECTUM AREA ALONG WITH CHILLS,AND SOME TIME IT WILL MAKE ME NAUTIOUS AND DIZZY TOO I AM A 26 YR OLD FEMALE TWO YEARS AGO THEY REMOVED A BOWLING BALL SIZE FIBROMA ALONG WITH MY RIGHT OVARY I DONT KNOW IF ITS THAT OR SOMETHING INTESTINAL .

Just wanted to offer another explanation. I am undergoing fertility treatments. I have experienced this pain throughout my life on and off but never so excruciating as last Friday night. Today, i went to my Reproductive Endocronologist ( 1 or only 1000 in the country ). I described what was happening and how urinating made the pain even more excurtiating in my rectum. She explained something called tortion, when the ovary actually twists. This occurs during the ovulation process which would explain why so many of you state this seems related to your cycle. I did not realize that our ovaries enlarge during ovulation and can sometimes be the size of softballs. They don't know what causes tortion but occurs when the corpus luteum become cysts and have not yet shrunk back up. And of course, the first question, do you have IBS. Of course I do.

please let me know ihv all the same

I have also been having the same systoms. I had my hysterectomy 3 years ago and have suffered the same pain. I have gone to the doctor , had many ultrasounds only to be told they see nothing wrong. I am at my wits end. Tylenol and other pain medication only works for a few hours then the pain comes right back.. So please let me know what your doctor has to say, so I can relay it to my doctor.

my dr has told me to have a high fibre diet, plenty of water and excercise more, for ibs

i have now been told it is diverticulitus

i have it too.... it is really weird sharp pains in the bum and no urge to have sexual intercourse peeing and bowel movements are harder to have and also coughing hurts like hell, i have to hold my lower abdomen and try to cough easy, it feels like a strained muscle if i cough to hard... but i feel okay and can do normal everyday things and walking, needs a soft step or it hurts if i have a heavy step.

I hae the same as well, would love to know what the heck it is. Very uncomfortable.