Hello, my name is Simon I am 32 years old. I have been having this odd twitch in my lower left abdomen. Something like stomach rumbling, but it lasts longer. It is very uncomfortable. I am very careful what I eat so I guess that way it is not accompanied by bowel movements, gas or diarrhea. I have a family history of cancer so I am worried about that.

Hey Simon, that twitching you described in you lower left abdomen is suggestive muscle contraction. Probably there isn’t a reason to be worried. But since you mentioned cancer history in family you should go and talk with a physician about it. Discuss with him/her about your concerns, it will be helpful to if you know how old your relatives were when they developed cancer. Best wishes! Let us know what is going on.

Hello! Simon

I have similar problem and understand it is due to spicy and irregular food. i am trying to cut down on coffee, oily and spicy food and have started drinking barley water. Keeping a hotwater rubber bag on the affected area is of help

Do mail me how you feel
*****

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **

I am experiencing a similar rumbling in my lower left stomach. Also, I feel a pulsing sensation in my lower left back when seated. I can't say the rumbling or pulsing is painful, but it certainly feels odd. Plus, I have noticed that my left lower abdomen sticks out further than on the right side. Can anyone suggest a cause to all this?

I am a 25 year old female who feels the rumbling/pulsing in my lower left stomach/pelvic area too. Currently i am going through some stress and have been drinking coffee. The rumbling worries me as well...

I've been experiencing this as well. It's on my lower left abdomen and at times, this rumbling/contracting, whatever it may be, causes me to jump. It's not necessarily painful, it's just entirely uncomfortable.

Im 19 years old and i have been having the same issues, i gave birth to my daughter 8 months ago and i keep having these twitching feelins right under my left rib and it feels like baby movement, ive taken several pregnancy tests just to make sure and they have all came back negative, the feeling is just annoying

I have developed the same twitching feeling in my lower left stomach, for the last 4-5 days now, a funny almost uncomfortable feeling, today i was in the shower and had three spasms/twitches in that area which were not painful but you could feel them o.O
I have no idea what it is so any information you could provide i would appreciate :-D

The twitching and rumbling in your lower abdomen are most likely caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Doctors will usually tell you to try supplements over the counter before a diagnosis and serious treatment. Such as fiber supplements and anti-diarrhea meds. If you have constipation sometimes and diarrhea other times than IBS seems to be the answer. Stress is another thing that can keep this syndrome going as well as fatty foods. The large intestine(Colon) is affected and makes the food go through the digestive system faster, which makes the uncompleted proccessed food stay in the colon longer and causes the rumbling and twitching, which can lead to constipation or the urge to go to the bathroom but not much comes out. If you are still concerned then visit your doctor and tell him your symptoms because it is possible that this can get worse. Hope this helps ;-)

I have just read online that these symptoms are often caused by magnesium deficiency, this can be solved by magnesium supplement, nuts and wheat foods, beetroot juice is also high in magnesium.

My left abdomen was twitching for about a week. No pain or pulsing, just twitchy. I read about the magnesium deficiency mentioned above. I took magnesium and it went away in about 2 hours. I took magnesium again today and the twitching has still not returned. I believe this may be the cause, at least in my case.

coffee is the biggest suspect... i started having same spasm few days ago and i did consume large amount of coffee lately.... so coffee is a no no