I am 16 and my foreskin doesn't go all the way back, I've had a look online and found out that I might need to stretch it slightly over a certain period of time. I've also heard that it can give you problems when doing sexual activities, I've lost my virginity and it felt completely normal, I just need advise on what's wrong? Thank you!

Health Guru
Hi Baller. Is it because your foreskin gets tight when you pull it back or is it because it's stuck to the glands still why it won't go right back?

I'm not too sure, I think it might be that it's too tight

Health Guru
Is it just when your penis is erect that your foreskin doesn't go all the way back of when it is soft too?

When it's erect and when it's soft it doesn't go back

Health Guru
Doesn't go back when soft?

No, I've started to stretch when it's soft and erect and that's starting to help a little bit

Health Guru
Sorry miss read that if you pull a little harder when it gets tight does it get painful?

Yeah it does, i was worried I might have phimosis but I don't have the problems that it causes, when i pull it down and it starts to hurt I thought that was it stretching?

And not really painful

Health Guru
It sounds like it just needs to be stretched that's all by what you describe, there are a few different ways you can do it but one thing you don't want to do is force it because that can cause it to tear and form scar tissue making it harder to stretch.

Yeah I've heard that you can do that, I've just been stretching it enough so it is comfortable and for about 10 minutes

Health Guru
The best time to do it is when you take a bath as the water helps to soften the skin and another thing your can try is rubbing baby oil into your foreskin to as That will help keep it soft and stretch more.