I'm 18 and all my life my foreskin has never been able to go back when I was erect. Like when im flacid it goes back pretty easily so I can clean it in the shower and such. In porn, I've always just thought every guy was circumcised so I thought that's why my penis looked different. Also the girls I have been with up till now have never seen a penis before mine so they never really said anything about it, however it would take me long periods of time before they could get me off during sex which I always thought as strange but sex has never been painful. However the most recent girl I have been with has pointed out how mine doesn't go back when I get erect. Which has made me google this and I found out that this is not normal. 

Also my parents are very overprotective and such so my mom just always ends up coming to the doctor with me for checkups and such so I can't bring up this topic with my doctor for a while (till I'm actually allowed to go by myself, which is an issue on it's own). So I'd like to find ways to try and fix this before trying to see my doctor. 

Hi Guest,

You're in a very common situation.  Many uncircumcised men can't retract their foreskin when erect and many of them don't know that they should be able to, easily.

Stretch it.

Get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so the glans spreads the opening OR use your fingers.  The more often you do this the sooner it will stretch.  It may help to do it in the shower.  Your glans will be very sensitive when exposed - this is NORMAL.

Your doctor can prescribe steroids that can help with the stretching. 

Good luck.

Hey medic-dan,

Thanks for the advice, I tried pulling back the skin while erect and it pulls back but I immediately begin to go flacid no matter what I try to do to keep it up. Is this normal? My glans arn't that sensitive at all but the moment i pull the skin back it just feels tight and my penis begins to shrink again.

You'll need to keep the skin tight for a while, skin grows under tension. That way it will stretch more.

It's all normal.