Yeah, like the title says I have never pulled back my foreskin. I never knew that it was so important to clean underneath until I had recently learned about that in my Science class. I really want to be able to clean underneath, but to be honest, it's kind of scary. It hurts when I try to, and I know not to try too hard, too often so it won't rip. I guess I'm kinda bummin' about the whole thing because I should be able to do this by now. :'( I know most boys are able to during puberty, but I'm nearing the end of my growth spurts and I'm still not able to.

Could you just boost my moral a bit, or give me some pointers?

I really, really need to clean it out.

EDIT: I apologise if I posted this in the wrong place. Feel free to move it. This is my first ever post.

Hi there! You probably have a condition called phimosis or your frenulum may be too thight. Frenulum is a piece of the tissue that connected foreskin to the glans. If it’s too tight, it may constrict foreskin from moving down. However, since you can’t move your foreskin down, you may not be able to notice if this condition is present as well.
Some years ago, circumcision was the only solution to the problem. However, doctors have developed more natural approaches and not so radical. If you decide to see a doctor about the matter, and if any of them recommends circumcision just simply say NO and find another doc who would prescribe topical steroids to you to combine them with stretching exercises.
Stretching exercises may be best to do under the shower for the time being. It it hurts you very much, do it gradually-one step at the time. Sometimes, stretching itself could help and sometimes it is much better to do it with topical steroids for which you need to get a prescription by your doc. Some of the recommended steroids are Kenalog, Betamethasone and Clobetasol Propionate.
When performing stretching technique, you should use a lot of lubrication. It will hurt less. You should pull the foreskin forward away from the body, then pull it back and keep it stretched a couple of minutes a couple of times a day (2-3 times for example). When the whole gets big enough you may start inserting your thumb into the foreskin and take the head of the penis between your finger and thumb. Then you should start rolling the foreskin over the thumb until it gets white. Keep it stretched like that for about 5 minutes.
This is a stretching technique you should be practicing until you manage to retract your foreskin. If it’s not working, you could see an urologist and ask help from him but don’t accept any surgeries unless really, really necessary. Only if your frenulum is too short, you could have it cut a little bit. It is called frenuloplasty.

I was seventeen a couple of months ago and also learnt about pulling back the foreskin. I was told to just try it. I did it in the shower because of teh water lubrication and the heat helps. I did this every day a few times fro two weeks now and its now really easy when falccid, and i can do it with effort when ive got an erection. hope this helps!!!

Hi everyone.... I want to let you all know that I have just turned 18 and have been unable to retract my foreskin, it didnt bother me, in fact i quite liked it like that, and with no effort in the shower or any stretching processes yesterday when I was in a pub toilet, i was able to pull me foreskin right over the head of the penis (when flacid), obviously i took no notice because I was basically p**sed, anyway when i got up this morning i remembered the night b4 so to speak and I found myself wanting to know if it would work when i got an erection, and you what it did. I could not believe it :O .

In a way I was quite sad but in another way i was thrilled. It does feel really really weird though now when i masturbate, but i am sure it will at first. (you also pee different lol)

So lads, with tight foreskins, dont worry if you still have tight foreskin at 17, coz it depends on the rate you go through puberty, etc..... but I would say if you cant pull your foreskin over the head of the penis by the age of 19+, i would go and see a doctor - only if you feel uncomfortable having a tight forsking - to be honest with you I would give a sh*t, its how you use it not what it looks like.

I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it dude, i think every lad goe's through this. it's jus like stretching in PE and if you keep stretching it'l eventually lossen up. also I'm 18 and mine first came back while i was in the bath but before this I was too scared to try as when I used to get it half way it felt wrong :-) but keep trying and ut'l lossen up. And also don't try and pull it back whilst ur erect. instead pull it back whiles flaccid and then try and make urself erect.

Thanks for all your help. I tried out a few of the stretching techniques for awhile until I had an appointment with my doctor, and he referred me to a urologist who gave me only one option: cicumsision. So a few weeks ago actually I got circumsised. It was more painful that I expected and especially hoped for, but I got through it and everything's looking and working great. It's a pretty big change though...

Again, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Hi, i'm 17, i'm uncircumsised, & i'm in an sexually active relationship. I find that it hurts when i have sex without a condom & i believe its because of my foreskin & its tightness. i don't like the idea of pulling my foreskin back anyway & don't get very far in pulling it back, but i really want to have great sex with my gf & overcome this problem! Having sex with a condom is perfectly fine! i've been reading the other posts on this thread & about stretching techniques etc. & wondered if this is a good cure or is there any other way of tackling it. I really don't want to see a doctor if i can help it, but would it be better if i had a circumsision?

Could someone please help?

I'm glad I read this, I used to be scared to pull my foreskin all the way when my penis was erected. It hurt sometimes when it was half away the head. I can do it now easily since I had sex and everything went just fine.

Though can someone tell me why when touching the head of my penis it kinda hurts, specially when its dried and no lubrication like with water.

after I had sex I could pull back my foreskin with no complications like before. It used to hurt me before and I was scared !

Though whenever I touch the head of my penis, it seems to hurt and it gives me a weird feeling, is this normal ?

I think that's because you're uncircumcised

oh well what if I have it circumcized no problem ?

I'll do surgery then cause i dont like it

I've just had sex without a condom & it was fine! i was really suprised! we did use some lubrication but it was great!!!! :-P

hey am a 16 year old boy and i can pull my foreskin right over the head but when i do it looks like i have way to much skin at the end of the head can anyone help me out..?

it is normal for your glans to be sensitive because of the air

hope this helped you worried people

i was 13 when i pulled mine back all the way know it is easier than ever

You will get used to the feeling of it hurting and feeling wierd, so i have heard.

Just want to say thank you to all, great reassurance! :-D