Hi, I have two problems and I would like to know are they in any way connected. I have thyroid mass which is taking over my entire right part of thyroid. It is 3 cm x 3 cm mass. It consists of tissue and fluids and it is not malignant but I have to remove it anyway. Also my bilirubin is high. But the doctor is concentrated on thyroid mass and says that we will do the tests for bilirubin after the removal. What should I do?

Hi, I am a medical student and as far as I know there is no connection between these two conditions. High bilirubin is sign that there can be something wrong with your liver. There are many liver diseases, blockages and biliary tract obstructions which can cause high bilirubin. Also pancreas cancer could cause it, but also it can be Gilbert's syndrome which is not so dangerous. Anyway it would be good to take some ultrasound and tests or possible liver disease.