I'm new here n very first post:) well I've had severe anxiety since my 20's but I've had major depression my whole life... Anyways I've been addicted to marijauna since age 12.. Yes the addiction is real and horrible as I self medicate my anxiety but desperately need to quit smoking it's ruined my life I can't get pregnant for the life of me an so many problems. Has anyone takin gabapentin for anxiety? I'm so scared of taking new meds or any kind of meds at that.. I have my pills ready an tomorrow will be my first day without weed. I saw on google a 12 week study was done that gabapentin helped ease the withdrawal symptoms from pot. Cuz in may 2012 I quit smoking pot for 45 days and in that 45 days I was in n out the hospital for panic attacks I felt so weird like something terrible is going to happen to me an I feel like such a freak every where I went! So I started smoking again n been smoking hard n strong ever since. I believe pot has severely messed up my ovulation and everything else! Wish me luck I would love to hear someone similar like me even if ur not like me and u have anxiety I'd love a friend to talk to I have no "real life" friends my social phobia is too crazy! :( talk to me:)

No comments yet wasn't too surprised cuz all I find is people withdrawal from weed without taking anything, well I can't handle the anxiety I guess I'm too weak lol but I've heard so many good things about having zero withdrawal while taking gabapentin so today's day 1 from no pot ill keep posting and let u know how it goes coming from someone who has severe anxiety issues also depression I can handle depression but NOT anxiety I swear it freaks me out so bad!! Love to u all:)

Day 1 down gabapentin seemed to calm me down SO far:) I'd love to hear from anyone else trying to quit!! I also had a major headache before I took my pill n the gaba took my headache away!! I hope this is the answer to my prayers so far so good!! Anxiety can suck it lol!!!!

haha im on day 4 after living high literally 2 years straight. The worst days for me were my first two of where i had insomnia,no appetite,sweats,depression,and anxiety. As of now i still feel some fog in the head, my hands get sweaty randomly and i have to force myself to eat BUT i can hold it down cause i tell myself im a thug! lol all kidding aside feel better and take it a day at a time. you are not alone. keep it G.

Aww congrats to u for making it to day 4 woohoo :) well I finished day 2 no problems n I feel u on the food nothing sounds good to me but I can still eat lol and last night I couldn't sleep for shitt so really really hoping I can sleep tonight I'm on the gabapentin still so that has helped with the anxiety I haven't had any anxiety AT ALL thank God cuz I just can't handle anxiety lol :p haven't had no anger minor depression but nothing major besides the food n sleeping but I'm sure my appetite will n bak very soon I think the GABA is helping me eat cuz I ate 3 times today haha well good luck stay with it :) oh and I had zero cravings n zero thoughts of it also pretty crazy but good....! :)

Oh and my hands always get all sweaty too all random lol wth is that I think it's wen I get a lil worried n bam sweaty hands sweaty hands

how old r u?

I'm 23 years old smoked for like 10 years n quit lots of times but sticking with it now going on day 5 and I haven't had cravings n can think very clear zero anxiety still thx to gabapentin but I'm dealing with these lil "tantrums" of depression mixed with anger hoping it gets better, also hoping I can soon be off the gaba but so far so good I feel so good that I can think clear n not be so dang burnt lol :p

21 days sober still having depression n anger very minor anxiety once in a while but exercise helps that ALOT just hard to motivate myself to get to the gym from being so tired n depressed I know healing takes time n I just can't go bak to it, today an yesterday I've been kinda craving it just cuz I felt I was a much happier person on it.... But can't look back just forward...

hey name's Corey i never was addicted to it i smoked once between week & month periods to no effect. I think it can happen if you become dependent of it. But, the feeling is something i'm not too hooked on. You should add me on facebook Corey Shamel Hallett i'd love to talk to you more and stuff like that :)

I'm taking Gaba... Calmplex and 5htp. I think it does take the edge off withdrawal, this is day 5 for me sober. I've tried many times to quit and like you last year in may I just stopped as i had enough of it ruining my life and controlling me. I had unbelievable back and leg pains to the extent of disability, spent so much on drs and meds, now i have a chunk of flesh missing from where i just had to have cortisone injections. Silly me. And spent 3 wks in a clinic. They said i had psychosis and put me on antideppressants and valium, I played their game for a couple of months. Weed stopped working for me and after 7 months i thought i'd try a less potent form...cannabis resin. I'm also taking magnesium as i learned that Cannabis depletes magnesium levels which is why i think that i had so many problems with my muslces bones and joints. I still have some aches and pains to this day. Best of luck and one day at a time. Also prayer and exercise helps.