Is weed physically addictive? My friend says that she does not to stop using weed sudden, because of bad symptoms of withdrawal. Are they really that bad? How bad can these symptoms be? Would it be noticeable all day long, at school, at home? How complicated it can be for person to get off of weed?

Weed is not physically addictive and there should not be symptoms of withdrawal. You should talk about that to your friend. It is just a habit, even less addictive that smoking cigarettes. There can not be that noticeable symptoms. One can be nervous, can sweat more, but only because of nervousness, not because his body needs weed. That’s nonsense by which persons are used to delay getting off the weed.

your a fool to say its not physically addictive the pot of these days is engineered for one thing potency and yield why do u think people breed different strains, weed to day is not the hippee c**p people smoked in the 60's, panic attacks are not physical? suddenly stopping creates a chemical imbalance in the brain which causes the panic attack; the panic attack is definatley physical.

yea i agree with you it is phsically addictive

i think that you should do what u want...smoking pot is awesome...

it ent phsically addictive i smoked it since i was bout 12 n i quit it straight away wen i found out i was pregnant n i didnt have any withdrawals it all in ur head if anything its better now im not smokin cuz i ent paranoid all da time now!

i have smoked weed for 12 years and i have tryed to stop but i cnt and i need 2 stop smoking fags can any 1 tell me the best ways 2 stop?

I don't know whether pot is physically addictive or not. However, after I smoked it all day, every day for several years, when I quit I definately experienced some symptoms that I believe were related. First off, a persistent depression that took awhile to shake, and I also had really vivid, overwhelming dreams. Some were good and some were not so good. You should be able to function, just think of the benefits and get lots of sleep, exercise, eat healthy and that seems to help shake the depression.

I don't think marijuana is addictive in the way it is often suggested to be. I read an interesting article in New Scientist some time ago. Scientists had shown in rats (I believe) that in some ways marijuana (in very, very high doses) was addictive to the rodents. However they found little evidence of withdrawal symptoms in the test candidates. The suggestion was that the withdrawal period was relatively long and low impact (perhaps due to the relatively slow breakdown and excretion of THC and related compounds from the body)

Marijuana does apparently suppress REM sleep somewhat and therefore usually leaves heavy smokers with less dreaming when they sleep. Sleeplessness and / or nightmares are common with people giving up marijuana.

I personally don't think depression is likely to be caused by marijuana so much as modified or suppressed. While becoming clean of the substance I think a period of metabolic and psychological adjustment is likely.

It has to be said that in Europe a majority of marijuana users smoke it with tobacco. It should be considered that if giving up smoking 'joints' made with tobacco a withdrawal from the tobacco will also be experienced (unless the user continues to smoke tobacco alone).

HELLO TO MY FELLOW SMOKERS ....I HAVE STARTED AND STOPPED OVER YEARS, I DIDN'T EXPERIENCE ANY WITHDRAWLS JUST SWEATING. LIKE IT WAS SAID, IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD AND YOU ARE YOUR BIGGEST ENEMY., SO YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAINST YOURSELF.

GOOD LUCK!

who ever on this site says weed aint addictive is talkin stupid cos they havent been addicted 2 it so they cant say it. i have been addicted 2 it for 12 years and my body needs it every day i dont smoke joints just bongs and if i dont have a bong i will be swetin and i wudnt be able 2 sleep so its faie 2 say cannibis is defently addictive!!

i have smoked weed for 7 years,i want to quit but i wont smoke for 2 hours and i get very hostile,i cant sleep or eat,i feel like im going to throw up if i dont smoke,it sounds sad and pathetic but its true what should i do? i have all the innitiative to quit but it just doesnt work

I have smoked for a while and will quit for a year or so, then smoke constantly for a few months and quit again. I have never felt any withdrawal symptoms. If you want to quit then just quit. It’s not addictive at all. Just learn a little self control, which you probably don’t have.

Over the last few months I have had big problems and decided to quit smoking blow to try to save money. Suddenly I started having really scary panic attaacks and thought i was dying. I went to the doctors thinking it was stress and they put me on anti-depressants which really do help. I was so worked up, I was thinking maybe if things carry on like this, I'm better off out of the pisture. After reading advice on panic attacks, I decided to look for withdrawral symptoms of quitting cannabis. Surprise, surprise, everything on the page was what I have been experiencing. Although I've smoked for 9 years, I was so shocked at the problems I have had lately. My husband made me a spliff and within minutes my stomach started to loosen up and I was smiling again. I kept having little shaky moments but took a chance on another puff and the feeling went. Within 2 days of starting again I'm back to normal. If I hadn't read your article I think I would still been cowering in a corner thinking the world's caving in and wondering if I'd ever leave the house again. Thank you for your advice, I will cut down, but not completely, this is so much better than permanently crying with complete fear, and stomach pains, no food for 2 days, forcing myself to drink water, waking up every hour of the night feeling wide awake, etc. Thank you

Over the last few months I have had big problems and decided to quit smoking blow to try to save money. Suddenly I started having really scary panic attaacks and thought i was dying. I went to the doctors thinking it was stress and they put me on anti-depressants which really do help. I was so worked up, I was thinking maybe if things carry on like this, I'm better off out of the pisture. After reading advice on panic attacks, I decided to look for withdrawral symptoms of quitting cannabis. Surprise, surprise, everything on the page was what I have been experiencing. Although I've smoked for 9 years, I was so shocked at the problems I have had lately. My husband made me a spliff and within minutes my stomach started to loosen up and I was smiling again. I kept having little shaky moments but took a chance on another puff and the feeling went. Within 2 days of starting again I'm back to normal. If I hadn't read your article I think I would still been cowering in a corner thinking the world's caving in and wondering if I'd ever leave the house again. Thank you for your advice, I will cut down, but not completely, this is so much better than permanently crying with complete fear, and stomach pains, no food for 2 days, forcing myself to drink water, waking up every hour of the night feeling wide awake, etc. Thank you :-D