I'm pretty sure I have anxiety. My anxiety is usually social and when I don't know exactly what's going on I'll get anxiety. But when I smoke weed I feel like it gets worse. And my Self esteem lowers. I have a pretty good confidence but when I smoke, I don't. I also start to get anxiety attacks and i know weed makes your heart race but it makes mine race and pound. I don't nearly smoke as much as I used to: I used to smoke like 5 times a day but I cut down to once a week because of it. But I really do love smoking until I start to feel bad about myself and get anxiety attacks. Is this just me?

Hello Cookezy_mama,

A lot of people use pot to self medicate particularly where anxiety is concerned.  I would say smoking five times a day is really excessive and you may be addicted to cannabis.  Cutting back my be causing withdrawal symptoms.  It sounds like you anxiety is more than just social.  You may havea more serious form of anxiety.  The best thing to do is go to a doctor (neurologist) and talk with them.  They can determine if you need medication and what kind.  Self-medication is not the way to go here.  Chronic use of pot generates low libido, depression and osteoporosis according to clinical trials.  I suggest that you seek medical attention as soon as possible.  In the meantime, try taking GABA.  GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that may calm your brain and bring you back in balance.  This is an amino acid and inexpensive to buy. 

its all good sweetie thats totally normal mabye weed is not the drug for u