I have been reading this forum and wanted to post my two-cents about smoking weed and withdrawal.

My past - I started smoking heavily when I was around 18 (8-15 blunts a day - one time on new years 40 blunts... lol) and slowed down when I hit 21 to a point where I would smoke about 2 grams every week (as opposed to 7 grams per day). I took several months off every now in then if I had to be clean for a job (i don't believe in those drinks) but I'm 23 now and up until this past sunday I have been a daily smoker, but not exceeding 2 grams a week.

Yesterday was my first day without weed and I had my first panic attack ever. Granted, I have a more stressful life than the majority of people I know. My opinion is that if I was high I would not have experienced a panic attack.

Withdrawal - I don't believe in withdrawal because I had to attend drug school and marijuana does not cause any physical dependence, only mental. I'm not saying that people who say they have stomach pains, etc. are lying, but I'm just saying you guys are weak minded. Its all in your head!!!!!

The mind is a very powerful organ that we as humans don't even understand, so if you have been a chronic smoker, believe me I understand that a morning "wake and bake" is apart of your life. But its all in your head. You don't need weed to function!!!! I just tell myself in the morning "Today I'm going to wake up, take a shower, go about my day, and I'm not going to get high" and thats it.

I have smoked and quit before and believe me when I say the first 2 days are the hardest. After that, just concentrate on keeping yourself busy. Don't just sit around and think about getting high cause thats not going to help at all.

Be active, work out, take on a hobby, but believe me quitting weed isn't hardest thing in life to accomplish. The only thing stopping you from quitting is yourself and unless your a weak-minded individual maybe you should go to rehab or therapy, personally I couldn't afford it if I wanted to.... lol.

Your one of the lucky one's but for some people the physical addiction is very real.Read up on "Marijuana withdrawl syndrome".To say that other people are "week minded"is neither correct or helpful to those who suffer from it.

LOL.. smoking 8-15 blunts a day.

BS. I have a hard time believing this .... Just lying about this makes your whole post irrelevant. I know you're tryna help , but man homie come on lying about how much you could smoke is ridiculous and just plain stupid. I've been a smoker for a very long period of time.. and more than 5-6 blunts a day is already impossible to believe for me or any of my friends..

sh*t is bs.

As for the topic itself, marijuana withdrawal effects are well lol. just look at yourself in the damn mirror and youll see how it can screw one's mind for more than a few days.

-T

I quit marijuana and let me tell you it does affect you some worse than others. The first time around I quit I didn't experience all the symptoms except for the vivid dreams and a little bit of anger but now that I am quitting (for good) I experience alot of anxiety for the first 3 days day 4 I still have a little but I am Getting better. I've done alot of praying and I've been asking god to help me. I couldn't even eat and I usually eat 5 meals a day and I just wasn't hungry. The anxiety/ depression was unreal I cried the first couple of days for no reason I just felt like it I had no urge to do anything. I'm on day 4 and I'm feeling better i believe it's because I've been praying alot and The Lord is helping me. I smoked everyday for two years sometimes more sometimes less and I honestly have no urge to smoke marijuana at all because what I felt was really real. I was even starting To have panic attacks while I smoked weed! Weed will not cause withdrawals if you smoke it say once a week or twice a month but if you're a person who smokes everyday after and before everything, it will give you withdrawal effects. Yeah they may only be mental but lets remember what controls your physical body. It's almost like telling a person with schizophrenia or panic disorder etc that its all in there head just wake up and say you're fine. It's not that easy. Consider yourself lucky you don't have any Symptoms and I'd recommend quitting while you can. It was way easier for me the first time around I was able to just Let it go with some cravings and nothing to bad. But this time around I had no cravings just anxiety, depression, loss of appetite, insomnia, lack of enegy etc. things that I normally did made me nervous no joke it is a real thing look up the effects weed has on your brain I believe it messes with your nerve receptors or something like that and once you stop it they start working normally again and that's what causes the problem. I was skeptical at first too thinking its all in your head but I can confirm its real. For some the symptoms may be easier to handle, could be due to alot of things like their health or even how much they smoke but nonetheless it's real. And to all who suffer from it I recommend praying. It has helped me alot and it's only been a couple days. And maybe even taking some l theanine to relieve some anxiety. And be sure to drink lots of water and get your nutrition. It may be hard to eat for some so try some liquid from of nutrition.

Thank you Mac! you make a lot of sense. I agree with praying 100%, that's what has ggotten me through. Curious to find out how are you doing with your sobriety. I pray the Lord will continue to see you through this an that he gives you the strength to keep on keeping on.